sprockets TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP Live Answer Time Demo
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

How do you Apply Decals to Imported Models?

Evenstar03

Hello, I am relatively new to animation, and needed some advice on applying textures. I am trying to import a .3ds model, and I found an appropriate plug-in to achieve this. However, once I have the model in A:M, it appears untextured. The decals for the model are also imported, and under the directory of each decal is a set of "stamps". When double-clicked, the stamps bring up a window with the decal, and what appears to be part of the model's framework in it. I was wondering if there was a way to apply the decal using this stamp, and avoid having to re-position each decal myself. Is this possible? Thanks in advance!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The new Photoshop CS3 (extended I think?) is able to apply decals to 3d models and export them to many model formats. I don't know if AM is one of the formats, but I know one of the formats AM can import.

Thanks for all the great advice. Actually, I got the model to import (textures and all) into a freeware program called Metasequoia, which, though not as useful as A:M (in my opinion), will serve my purpose. I'm trying to use the model for a papercraft project, and all I needed to do is to simplify it some first.

Also, I didn't know Photoshop could handle 3D models. I have a version of CS3 (I don't know if it's 'extended' or not, as mentioned above) but I'll read up on that. Thanks for the tip.