Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

uv-editor appearance

jakerupert

I just tried to work with the uv-editor and created a blank 800x600 tga which I imported and applied it cylindrical to a head mesh,

then stared the uv-editor and expected to see the headmesh in order to be able to push the CP`s like in the Zandoria-Tut,

but instead I only get red dots see picture attatched.

What can I possibly be doing wrong?

decal_exampleA.png

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

>

customize >appearance

Set object color to black.

But the uv-editor seems a bit difficult to handle. There seems to be no "undo" and only the rectangle-selector is working

and also still without the option-key add function, right?

This is what I got after some manipulating: The splinecurves show kind of wavy form and the hooks also look kind of strange.

What expiriences have you got ?

Uv_Test.jpg

You're better off hiding everything but the geometry you want to stamp, and then flattening the geometry in an ACTION to stamp it. try to get the geometry organized the way you want in the action, BEFORE you go into the UV editor.

The rectangular selection in the UV editor is really just there for moving stamps around and scaling them.

You're better off hiding everything but the geometry you want to stamp, and then flattening the geometry in an ACTION to stamp it. try to get the geometry organized the way you want in the action, BEFORE you go into the UV editor.

The rectangular selection in the UV editor is really just there for moving stamps around and scaling them.

I guess I was mislead by an old Zandoria-Tut, that might not be valid any more , that stated, "that the new uv-editor would make the flattening

obsolete".

So can I rotate the uv-coordinated stamps then or would this produce this strange waves in the splines still after the flattening?

Are this waves harmfull anyhow?