sprockets Live Answer Time Home Page Featured Free Models spotlight Rigged Spider Tinkering Gnome's Workshop
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Need help with 2 things

UltimateLink

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounds to me like you are just starting out so I would suggest that you do all the exercises in "The Art of Animation:Master" first, which will answer many of the questions that are going through your head at the moment.

You need to learn about modelling with splines, rigging and animating. Not something that can be answered with a few sentences. ;)

Having said that, I will have a go:

A bone can be represented by a simple cylinder so draw a circular spline ring, select the CPs and press "E" to extrude it a few times. (Use the cursor keys to move it). Then adjust the control points to give it a better bone shape and stitch up the ends of the cylinder. There you have a basic bone shape which you can now add textures to by using decals or materials, if you wish.

Animating the dog is a matter of understanding the rig that you have in your dog model. If you are refering to a model that comes on the Extras CD/DVD then it probably already has a rig in it so just start a new action for that model and play around with the rig on frame 0 until you understand how to pose the dog model. Move to another frame, repose the dog and then scrub through those frames to see the dog move. Repeat the process on further frames until you get a feel for the process.

See Spot. See Spot jump. See Spot fly. :)

• Admin
i need to make the model dalmation move somehow

If you are talking about he Dalmation from the Extra CD/DVD then I don't think it has been rigged for animation.

You'll want to put at least a simple rig in it in order to animate it properly.

As Paul suggests there are exercises in TaoA:M that are designed to help you master this.

Working through the manual may be a diversion for a time but the foundation it builds will be a solid one.

ok i know how to rig, but i'm not sure how to rig the dog so it looks like it moves

Do you know what "rigging" means? It means to add bones to to a model so it can be animated. If you know how to rig than rigging a dog model shouldn't be that much different than rigging a two legged model.

-vern