sprockets Making and Using Drop-On Poses TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Setting up Relationships--won't let me aim at a bone

Dale_The_Bold

The bone I'm trying to aim is is right there, but I can't get this other bone to select it with the eyedropper. I try to select the target from the list and the bone does not appear on the list. I can see the bone on screen, but clicking on it gets me "None."

The bone I am trying to aim at is a child of the bone that I am aiming with. Don't know if that matters*.

* It must matter. I just made it a sibling bone and, bam, it worked! Thanks for your help, um...me! I solved it myself within minutes of asking, lol. Is that one of the laws of rigging? that you can't aim at child bones?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha! Glad you solved it.

Not being able to select a bone in a constraint operation is, I think, a fairly recent enhancement, (well within the last year or so). It prevents people like you and me from creating constraints that would lead to circulatory errors. Confusing at first but a very nice security blanket. ;)