Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

WIP - feedback welcome

genius loci

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It sure is looking good. I can't help but thinking that you would sure be better off jumping over to v11 and checking out the new hair grooming stuff though. You don't need to use maps for length anymore, you just stretch out the guides. You can also brush the fur over. You will need to make a new hair material if you try it (when loading old projects, I still make the old Shag for backward compatability). Anyway, you might want to check it out. Great work though.

Randy

hello! thanks for your feedback Randy- I am actually in (slow) progress with version 11 also but still couldn't figure out how to mask the areas I didn't want fur to appear in (despite Yves explaining how)

do you have any tips? Grooming works per patch but can I mask areas within a patch yet?

OK... this close up should show you what work still needs doing!

I have a fast PC at work but a video card problem is preventing me placing decals accurately. I can see them great on my old Mac at home so Colour maps will have to wait till then. ( I also am not sure I can run version 11 on an old G3)

If you look closely, you will see the facial and body colours are simple patch groups and the "jump" is uncomfortably sharp.

Here's a close up, I have loosely positioned an ear bump map (see above why it's "loosely") but hope tonight to position texture and colour maps more accurately. Hopefully the next stages are going to be more finished stages of the model.

apefur09.jpg

Oh yes, I intend to get rid of the group colours and have texture colours instead.

apefurclose02.jpg

some more work done in between meetings etc but this has been such fun and I've learnt so much doing it.

I do intend getting this re-done in version 11 as soon as possible but I also want to finish this.

I'd still love feedback - eyelids are on the cards tonight - and maybe tweaking the main bodyfur up to 65 or 70. :ph34r: