Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Rendering - Does anyone know a quick method to get a sample clip?

Jentham2000

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I always use custom settings for "previews". Multipass set to 1 is much faster... no antialiasing. With MP off you still get that antialiasing step, setting it to 1 turns of antialiasing completely. I also turn off EVERYTHING, shadows, reflections, decals etc etc... I think the "low" setting does this by default... but you can turn off images there.

Of course this depends on what you need to see in the preview. This is fine for previewing the "action" or motion but if you need to see lighting and shading... you need to turn some of that back on.... although single frame renders might be enough for judging that type of thing.

-vern

I always use custom settings for "previews". Multipass set to 1 is much faster... no antialiasing. With MP off you still get that antialiasing step, setting it to 1 turns of antialiasing completely. I also turn off EVERYTHING, shadows, reflections, decals etc etc... I think the "low" setting does this by default... but you can turn off images there.

Of course this depends on what you need to see in the preview. This is fine for previewing the "action" or motion but if you need to see lighting and shading... you need to turn some of that back on.... although single frame renders might be enough for judging that type of thing.

-vern

You can of course render in Shaded-Mode. You can set the Polys-Per-Patch-Option to 16 and render with it... it will be the fastes possibility very near to realtime. But it will of course only be a preview to see if for example animations are well done, etc.

*Fuchur*