sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

humanoid

Wing_gundam_zero

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, does anyone have a basic outline of building a realistic humanoid. I don't know if there is one in the book because I lost it.

Dear Wing_gundam_zero,

The realistic humanoid models I've built have taken literally years of long days and late nights to build, texture and rig. It would take a very large sum of money for me to part with them (more than they are worth). That's just me but I'm sure others would feel the same way. If I were better and could crank them out in weeks it would be a different story. Its a long journey to get to the point were you can build one.

You're asking for 'a basic outline'. I'm not sure exactly what you mean however, there are some very good realistic humanoid models on the AM CD and the two 'Extras' CDs (the latter can be downloaded). Using these as well as the numerous tutorials on this forum you can get good examples and instructions for:

* how to construct the mesh (the construction of cps and splines -- beyond 'looking' good they must be constructed in such a way that they animate well too),

* how to do the texturing (Flatten or use the UV editor, create the maps, apply them, deal with seams and layer the maps -- I have a tut for doing the face here and there are others.

* how to rig the model (the Squetch rig is currently the big thing) and many of the models on the Hash CDs already have a rig installed. Rigs are complicated. They are essentially a mechanical engineering problem and a complex one.

Cartoon characters involve the same steps but are FAR easier to create than realistic human models and I don't even mention hair, cloth, SSS and the vast landscape of character animation.

With one exception, everything you need to create realistic human models can be found on this forum including help. The one exception is 'time'; you must supply that and you'll need plenty of it.

Good luck!!

Rusty