Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

new wall paper

ive been working on wallpapers for my friends company as part of a promotion and too improve my skills a little over time

this one is the newest

24:20:37 render time

radioisty with AO and 36 multipasses

wallpaper_4_0.jpg

tell me what you think

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the floor a procedural or decal? If procedural, you can dork with it ten dozen ways; if a decal, there are zillions of free bitmaps you can import. The wood does look a little bleached and/or waterlogged; something warmer would be nice.

Re: the logo, try changing the surface properties some more. A low reflectivity and sparkly highlights would make it pop.

In my experience, when you think you've done the best you can do, you are right at the dividing line between good work and magical work. This isn't the time to quit. The marbles are great and the rest is one step away from great. You're 98% of the way to "wow!"

In A:M, AO simulates light coming at the subject from all angels. I would suggest using AO with Image Based lighting (remove the room as radiosity doesn't work well with that much scale difference). You can find some really good High Dynamic Range images on this site. Throw in a giant reflecting sphere in the choreography to cast only reflections and then render (by using Projection Materials). Make sure you're using Multipass as it speeds up rendering times when using Ambient Occlusion. This should save you tons of time (probably won't take more than two hours for a 1600X1200 image).

im not sure if im still doing something wrong becuase when i go to use IBL it keeps saying unsupported format and wont load my images

and besides IBL wouldnt work in this scene becuase the shot is inclosed and IBL needs an open area for light to work