sprockets Making and Using Drop-On Poses TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

NIXUS - Part Deux

Finally got some time to give the NIXUS a try.

Thought I would start with the rear tire and rim.

C&C always welcome.

Al

Nixus0.jpg

Thanks to Cristobal Vila for making the blueprints available to us, and thanks to Viper for allowing us to join in on modelling the NIXUS.

" Original NIXUS concept by Cristobal Vila - www.etereaestudios.com "

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it were that easy, everyone would be doing great looking cars ;) Nice progress! Are you doing any bias tweaking as you model? Also remember, once you're finished, you can apply porcelan to the body panels to smooth them out even more. But don't do it until you've done the best you can on smoothing the model without it.

If it were that easy, everyone would be doing great looking cars ;) Nice progress! Are you doing any bias tweaking as you model? Also remember, once you're finished, you can apply porcelan to the body panels to smooth them out even more. But don't do it until you've done the best you can on smoothing the model without it.

Thanks Eric. Yes, I am tweaking the bias handles to help smooth out the curves and transistions. Never tried Procelain, but will give it a try.

Al

Quick update.

- Re-modelled the spokes on the wheels

- Slowly moving up the side of the body.

Darned hard to get things really smooth! :(

C&C always welcome.

Al

Hard to get it smooth tell me about it. Wait wen u get to were i am on the model. One tip i learn that ppl keep telling me is try to use as less spline as posible.

Reworked the body a bit to smooth it out.

While I was reworking the body, the groups that I had set up for the different parts, lost their references to the control points. I then had to spend a fair amount of time re-selecting the control points into the different groups. Now, when I get to a specific point in the project, I save it to 3 different file names.

Al

Nixus0.jpg Nixus1.jpg

Great work. I like your spline flow. You just need to make the front panels around the wheel more circular. It looks like the spline go from cp to cp with only a little curvature in between.

So, are you guys willing to share your models when you are done? I think it would go GREAT in my current personal project. ;)

Keep up the great work, guys.

I am uploading the Nixus project file for anyone who would like to complete this project. It was created using A:M ver 13t.

A lot of things have cropped up recently, and don't see myself having enough time (or skill) to finish it.

Thanks...

Al

Nixus.zip

It's too bad you have to abandon the project due to scheduling constraints.

I, for one, do NOT believe you lack the skill to complete this project, however. The work you've done

so far is really good and I'm kinda sad to see you not complete it. :(

Good luck and keep smiling :)