Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Grass material

Does anybody know, where I could get a grass material (maybe hair?) for a relativly simple football lawn?

(At the moment I am running out of time, in how to learn how to make it myself.)

Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Thank you

Jake

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Caroline.

in the project you recommended ,the herb.jpg doesnt load somehow at least in AM 13 and 14.

So I tried some decaling and

though I see the tiling in the shaded view, it isn`t there in the final rendering. (See attatched image)

What am I possibly missing..??

Jake?

EU0.jpg

Hi, Jake, sorry, didn't see your post - have you got particles turned on for the render? (Hair is considered particles)

You are right about the io exception error - I used my own grass photo when I did the tutorial. However, if you load this one into paint, and then save it into another name as a jpeg, it works.

When I tried the project, the Hair (or the older Shag Hair Shader) rendered at full ambiance. I know there's a newer way to do grass which involves the new Hair shader in V13 and V14, but I can't seem to find it right now. It's not Muhair though. The one I'm thinking can take a picture and use that as the hair model.

Hi Caroline.

in the project you recommended ,the herb.jpg doesnt load somehow at least in AM 13 and 14.

So I tried some decaling and

though I see the tiling in the shaded view, it isn`t there in the final rendering. (See attatched image)

What am I possibly missing..??

Jake?

Fliped normals? the grass could be upside down....