sprockets TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP Live Answer Time Demo
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Actions and Choreographies

greg

Hi,

I guess I'm more confused than I thought. Is there any place to really learn how to work with actions in a choreography? I'm trying to do some simple stuff, I think. Like get a character to walk about 1/2 way across the screen, maybe wave and turn toward the back. Then have the character walk further across the screen. I got the whole keyframe thing down now and the first part works OK. But when I want to continue the walk I try adding a new path and constraining the character to the new path and then try to add the walk from the actions again. except the walk doesn't add with any duration. Do I need to start another action in the chor? Is there any place or book that describes these interactions?

Thanks,

Greg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps these threads will be of use:

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?showt...mp;hl=walk+wave

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?showt...mp;hl=walk+wave

And you can use the search feature too.

You'd probably need 3 separate actions in the chor.....walk....wave....walk and work it like that.

I have watched that tutorial about 20 times and don't seem to have a problem walking and waving. Here is the sequence of things I am doing and where I get confused. I put an AVI clip as a layer in the scene. I then define a path from off scene to about half way across the avi layer. I add the knight character and put the resolute walk and wave on him and constrain him to the path. Then I have the character walk into the scene, this is where I have a little problem but it is ok for this scene, and have him turn to face the avi clip which is behind him. The character starts to turn during the walk, but that is a key frame issue I have a solution to from another post. Then after the character turns he waves at the clip. That all seems to work fine.

Here is where the problems begin. I want the knight to walk the rest of the way to the right end of the clip and then turn around and stare at the clip. If I add another resolute walk to the knight it shows up on the left portion of the timeline but not on the right side where I could manipulate it. I can find nothing that tells me if I have to start a new action in the choreography, continue in Choreaography Action 1, or what. I tried to add another path to the scene and constrain the knight to that also, but failed miserably.

That is where my initial question came from. Is there any documentation that explains the choreography, choreography actions, and so on? I thought something like that would be in the book I purchased, but I haven't found anything close to that.

Thanks,

Greg

There might be something about chors and actions in the tech reference......which you can probably get a link for by searching the forum. And as I say that, most of the problems have come up before in this forum, so this is possibly the best reference.

Regarding your explanation, to be honest, it's hard to follow these issues with words. Your best bet at getting it solved is to provide screenshots outlining clearly where the problem is.....including the timeline/properties etc. Or if you can provide the proj file even better.

If you added another copy of the walk, AM will have tacked it to the start (or most likely the end) of the all the current actions for that character. Just keep scrolling the timeline to the right and you should see it.