sprockets Live Answer Time Home Page Featured Free Models spotlight Rigged Spider Tinkering Gnome's Workshop
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

When keyframes won't delete...

I got my little demon sprite [now known as the Wright Sprite] flying. Unfortunately, I'm only cleared for VFR landings, and in order to bring him back to earth, I had to go into a direct side view in the Choreography [#2] and turn off the Terrain and Rocks so I could see his feet touch down. This added a keyframe which I didn't notice at the time. When I got the sequence ended, I tried to watch it through the Cameras view as I moved the scrubber. The ground disappeared and came back, plus a few lights that I had turned off [and back on] so there were fewer lines running all over the place. I tried selecting them and deleting. I opened the sub-folders under each item and tried over, but they won't go away.

Any suggestions?

SPRITE_SHOT_01.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I once had a problem like that with one key frame. for some reason it was a bit out of line with the time line. Something like 2:13.87 while it should have been 2:14. I wasn't able to delete this key frame from within A:M. I don't know exactly what caused it but I think it has something to do with the strange way A:M uses to save the frame tags.

There is only one way I know to fix this and that's to open your project file in a text editor and manually fix the problem. But if you don't know how the A:M prj structure works that won't be an easy thing to do.

Do you have many key frames that needs to be corrected? If it's not too much I can give it a try to fix it. I know the file structure pretty well.

• Hash Fellow

IF.. the problem is that the key isn't on an even frame, you can do a right-click>snap to frames

ON/OFF keframes (for poses) need to be selected individually, not on the timeline but in the vertical list in the PWS, to be deleted.

There is only one way I know to fix this and that's to open your project file in a text editor and manually fix the problem. But...

Thanks Luuk. It does sound complex. I solved it by getting a really big hammer: I closed out of A:M and said "Don't Save". I didn't lose too much work. Besides, it was a first rough-cut at placing the Wright Sprite, and would have needed to be re-done anyway. I realized after I had closed that what I might have done was to open the models that were obscuring in their individual [modeling mode] windows, hide all but a few CP's and go back to the Choreography. On the second time around, I did that, and voila!...no keyframes were added.

Thanks for the offer of help.

There's another way to quickly delete off-grid keyframes without going thru the extra step of snapping to grid. Just draw a group rectangle around them and hit delete.

Usually, the way off-grid keyframes happen for me is when I group a bunch and then stretch/shrink them. I usually don't bother to fix them but maybe I should. I wonder if they screw up render times or anything?