Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

saving error

Stronghorn

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How long is your filename you are saving? If it is long, make it shorter and remove any spaces. I was looking that exception error up on the internet and some say its a long filename error. Might be the cause. ??

hey thanks that was it, I was making the name too long..

I regularly save long file names with underscores instead of spaces...I have never hit a limit. This is on WinXP, but I know on older operating systems like Win98 it might be a problem. An example of a filename I've used would be "v13_Four_Finger_Squetch_Rig_06_15_2007_installation_Foot_Gizmo.mdl"...I've had similarly long filenames for Projects, but I don't remember them at the moment.

Quick question for you, and please don't take this the wrong way, but when you saved your filename, did you use the full file name: rabbit.prj or did you just save it as rabbit and it defaulted to the *.prj extension?

Sorry I gave the wrong file name, I left part out, I actually tried to save a file called (rabbitwalk1.prj--I typed it all in myself) and then got error and I am runnig on windows xp professional. I recently upgraded from v.12 to v.13 and I have not tried to make file name longer to see if that was an issue or not. So if length is not the issue I have no ideal why it would give an error.. I really enjoy this software and this forum is very helpful. I apppreciate the time anyone takes to answer a post or give advice. Thanks.

Quick question for you, and please don't take this the wrong way, but when you saved your filename, did you use the full file name: rabbit.prj or did you just save it as rabbit and it defaulted to the *.prj extension?

Sorry I gave the wrong file name, I left part out, I actually tried to save a file called (rabbitwalk1.prj--I typed it all in myself) and then got error and I am runnig on windows xp professional. I recently upgraded from v.12 to v.13 and I have not tried to make file name longer to see if that was an issue or not. So if length is not the issue I have no ideal why it would give an error.. I really enjoy this software and this forum is very helpful. I apppreciate the time anyone takes to answer a post or give advice. Thanks.

Were you overwriting a previous Project with the same name? Or did this happen the first time you saved the Project under that name?

Were you overwriting a previous Project with the same name? Or did this happen the first time you saved the Project under that name?

It happened on the very first save try, and any saves after that..

Not sure if you're doing this, but let the program add the file extension for you. Make sure you're not typing in the "*.prj" extension (rabbit.prj) Just save it as rabbit . Make sense?

Ok I believe it all was more of a version I was running than anything else. I just tried to make a file the length of the box in save as.... and the file saved fine with no error mesages. Or possibly it was some path I was taking... anyway not an issue for me anymore..saves whether I let the program add file extention or I type it in myself...Thanks.