sprockets Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP Live Answer Time Demo Tinkering Gnome's Sparkler PRJ Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

freezing

LIGHTBEING

im trying to render a video of the starship enterprise .

it rotates from a black hole towards the camra, when the key frame or counter gets to 12 it freezez. it suppose to goto 14 frames, i did set the counter to stop at 14 frames.

some times it stops at 11 or 11:20 or higher some times lower but it wont hit 14.

i have a 2 gig.60 prossesor pc. i "had" only 512 ram, so i bought a gig ram, and it still didnt wowk :( please dont tell me i need a nother gig of ram :s

any ideas?

thx

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Does the rendering actually finish early or is it still chugging away very slowly?

I'm just wondering if you have used alot of displacement on the surface of the Enterprise. As a displaced surface gets closer to the camera it does seem to cause A:M to increase the level of detail in the displacement in all areas. If each frame is just taking progressively longer to render until it gets to the point where A:M seems to have stopped check the projected render time, it is probably estimating many days or weeks to complete.

If on the other hand you are not using alot of displacement then check the choreography range in your camera settings and in your render settings.

That is all that comes to mind at the moment. :)

1.5 GB of RAM should be okay unless you are running Vista. I only have 1 GB myself.

displacement on the surface ?

whats that???? remember this is a noobi section lol

but anyway, yes it does alot of chugging away very slowly, the frames stop but its still, umm chugging away,

i leave it on all night while im sleeping.

still what do u mean about displacement?

thx

Okay, so it's not a displacement thing. ;)

(Displacement maps can be applied to your models through decals. Just apply a grey-scale image as a decal and then change it's type from "colour" to "displacement").

Not sure what the problem is. It could be a number of things. Are you using hair?

If you can setup your screen so that the Project Workspace, (PWS), displays the contents of the Enterprises Groups folder and the choreography window displays the camera view in wireframe mode, and post a screen capture here, that might help us to spot the problem.

Cheers.

I would check what is going on on those frames that "stop".

Obviously something in there is causing the problem. Have you tried turning off each model in the chor and rendering to see which one is the problem?

Have you tried rendering a single image from that frame? It would be important to know exactly which frame is the issue.

Also do you have any other fancy things like materials and a high multipass? Materials are resolution independent, the closer to the camera they get the more processing time to make them look good.

Try a plain shaded render (not final) with multi pass at 1 (no anti-aliasing)

Try doing a smaller final render with multi pass set to 1 shadows and reflections turned off.

Try deleting materials one at a time in a copy of the file to see if that helps. If there are decals try deleting them one at a time and rendering each time. Sometimes a corrupted image when it comes into view causes trouble.

Are you rendering to image sequences or to an AVI or MOV file? Try an image sequence instead.

-vern