sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

stop particle emission

eptigo

if i wanted to get my particle emitter to start emitting at a certain point in time id just modify the time in "Preroll" under properties for the particle material

but if i wanted to get that same emitter to stop emitting at a certain point in time, how would i do that?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Clipboard01.jpg

control start and stop in rate of emmision as shown

remember that the sprites will last as long as their life is set so if you may want to reduce life just before stopping

ok, i got it. that picture was super helpful. more users should use images like that in there replies

unfortunately i seem to be having trouble getting groups, or materials to show up in my choreography from the project workspace

post-8312-1181487188_thumb.jpg

If you click the "Show more than drivers" icon, circled in the picture, that should show groups, decals, etc, so you can control them.

post-9673-1181519962_thumb.jpg

Edit: That circle was a bit large - I mean click the one in the circle with the red x through it :)

Also remember that when you change a variable on a frame, A:M will try to create an accurate transition from the previous key frame for that variable; if you want something to stop in one frame, you'll have to create two key frames (one just before it is to stop with the starting emission level, and one with zero emmissions). Let me know if that needs clarification.