lighting

LIGHTBEING

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

that looks fantastic! thats exactly what im looking for!

ummm the beams that r comming out of the light , r they from the lens flair? or r they part of the model?

if they r from the lens flair, in options which controls do i use? any sugestions?

thx ;)

ok whats the secret?

i have a new light, i found lens flair, and im shineing the light on my photon torpedo object model, i have played with "all" the options and not nothing happends :( theres no diffrience in the model at all :s

what am i doing wrong?

thx paul

Did you try the on-line reference?

http://www.hash.com/Technical_Reference/Cu...Lens_Flares.htm

and

http://www.hash.com/Technical_Reference/Ge.../LensFlareP.htm

There's a dozen pages on it in the new printed manual, a lot of pages given to something that I haven't tried yet. :D

Let us know if you find out the 'secret'.

Re-reading your post - are you doing it in the choreography, not the modelling window? Lights don't light in the modelling window, but they do in the choreography. You would have to render it as well to see the effect, I would think.

o man thx! thats what i need!

but... ummm, i followed the tutorial but mmm... this is what im doing, please tell me what im doing wrong :s

im in the choreography i put a klieg on my photon torpedo model, the lens flare is on.

the model is set to diffuse color orange the ambiance color is at red and the ambiance intensity is 100 and its set to glow.

i played with the options in the lens flare menu and i get this :(

post-9534-1180875503_thumb.jpg

post-9534-1180876050_thumb.jpg

this is what it looks like with the lens flare "on or off ":(

AHHHHH!!!

i have played with all the options but nothing happends

what am i doing wrong?

thx paul :)

From what I experienced...

-Start over with a brand new light. For what you want, use a Bulb type of light

-Start small, with all "Fade when..." at OFF.

-Make sure your choreography light settings doesn't overide the master light settings, since you seem to work on those (if you want to make sure, delete the one you have in the CHO and drag a new one from the "master light".

-Test and adjust your lens flare from a CAMERA point of view. Also, render most of the camera frame, and not just a zone with Q and right-click, because the result will be quite different. This is what I meant be not exactly easy to control.

Leave the fade with distance off for now. I believe you might not see the flare because you need to have the klieg just in front of your Photon model and have the klieg aiming in the general direction of the camera. If you aim it directly at the camera, all you see is a huge glow, so aim it a bit off. Now try it.

Photon Movie

I played around with stuff and got the above result. This was done with a bulb as KNbits suggested. All reflections were eliminated by chosing "none." The project file crashed after the render and I did not save it, but I believe I only left the beam active and the first glow. Intensity, size, and beam angle were randomly changed over time in the, what else, timeline. Hope that helps.

question,

ummm, r u saying the photon light is always there? if i get the right angle? and follow ur directions?

mmm, i still get nothing :( i have my photon ball set to glow, is that interfearing in any way?

should i also put ambiance to 100 %? or leave it off?

i have tryed both :( there has to be something im doing wrong ...the options in lens flares does compleatly nothing:s

Hmmm, try this: in the choreography window right click and add a new light. Select the light in the Project Work Space and make it a type "bulb" if it isn't already. Under it's properties make sure that lens flare is turned on. For now, have the light positioned to the side of your Photon model. BTW, you don't even need your Photon model since the light already creates the illusion of the photon. None of the above examples uses a model to create the photon, just the light with lens flare. Since you are using a bulb light, you also don't have to aim it at the camera... Let me start up AM real quick and see if I left anything out...hold on...I started a new chor, right clicked in the middle of it and created a new light. Now right click on the "shortcut to light1" and select "Select Cache Light1". Once there, select "options" and click "lens flare" "ON". If you do a render now by hitting "Q" and clicking anywhere in the Chor window, you should get a light with a lens flare. A quick render wil also show the flare.

I did not try to have an ambient model next to the light, so for now get rid of your photon model, as you don't need it anyways.

well i got as far make sure lens flare is on, well...................... it wont turn on lol ! all the options turn on and off but lens flare :s ummmm now what lol.

im in the choreography and got the light, looked in the project workplace looked in properties , made it into a bulb found lens flare, by the way im useing AM v12, do i need v 13 to do this?

thx paul