Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

pc - mac

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, i bought animation master v 10 and installed in my pc wich has windows xp, the question is that im going to buy a mac next month, and dont know if i can use the same disc to install on windows and mac....can someone help?

Save a little longer and upgrade your A:M to v13 for $99

Hi, i bought animation master v 10 and installed in my pc wich has windows xp, the question is that im going to buy a mac next month, and dont know if i can use the same disc to install on windows and mac....can someone help?

Version 10 of A:M is pretty old. I recall that there was a major problem running older versions A:M on Tiger, which is the latest version of Mac OS X. Mac users of A:M had to postpone upgrading to Tiger or quit running A:M until Hash got A:M updated for it. V10, I think, is too old.

Also, Version 10 of A:M would be for the PowerPC processor. Mac has switched to Intel microprocessors. The old software isn't designed for the new processors. To deal with this, Apple has a translator program built into the new system. The translator lets you run older software, but for some applications there is a major performance penalty. A few programs won't run at all, even with the translator.

So your best bet for your new Mac is to do the $100 upgrade to A:M version 13/14. The latest A:M has a lot of new features and it runs natively on the newest Macintoshes.

Yea but is it legal and/or ethical to have it installed on both compters? I dont want to violate anything. I dont those 'thugs' from hash comming to my door. LOL

Installed, yes.

Running simultaneously, no.

If you want to do that contact Hash and buy a 2nd license.