sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

2 things

Ron@r&b

First- I can't find anything for font in plug-ins.

Can anyone help me with putting together a sporting event tunnel. The type that football players walk onto the field through except this is going to be for boxing. I would like about 2 or 3 turns in it and be able to show clips at different spots on the walls. I'm hoping to find someone to help me with it. I'm just getting into Hash so it's tough for me but I'm sure it'll be easy for someone who knows what they're doing.

Thanks,

Ron

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a Font Wizard video tutorial.

http://www.s1.hashmirror.com/ftp/pub/movies/FontWizard.mov

The tunnel should be fairly easy to make with the Extrude tool, or the Sweeper plug-in if you want to go wild. I would model the video screens separately and adding video is as simple ad decaling it to the screen. I would start with the modeling tutorials in the Art of Animation Master and watch all the video tutorials and Tech Talks on the Hash site, most of those skills are covered in depth. Come back here when you get stuck.

hopefully youve got the help needed for the font wizard. As far as the Tunnel, thats completely open for suggestions as far as design? Square-oval? Length? Trim? Pipes? Its really hard to know what design elements your going for? If its simple enough, then just use the "front" view to stencil out a tunnel shape/outline with a single spline (you really dont have to figure for the floor, or connect the bottom end points on either side until after the tunnel shape is done. This way you can peer into the underside/inside of the tunnel without the floor getting in the way.) Once you have the overall shape done from side to side, you can go to the "top" view and select the whole spline and do as many "extrudes" as necessary to achieve the shape and length of this tunnel. But its hard to give any hints on something without an idea of what your end result is desired to be? If you want the tunnel to turn or curve, after you "extrude" a few sections, then youll have to select the last section(spline section) of your extrude and use the rotate manipulator button (from the top view I suggest). Once the manipulator is in active (you can tell by the colored circled rings around your selection), there should be a thing right dead center of the selection/manipulator called the pivot. You can tell it by the way the on screen symbol changes from close-arrows to more seperated-arrows when you move your mouse over it. Plus you can tell its pivot thing because it has 3 straight handles or "arms" sticking out of it that are also colored. Simply move/drag this pivot thing over the farthest control point to the left or right side of the selection(depending on which way the tunnel is to turn), and then use the proper colored ring handle (square) when in rotate mode to turn or rotate that specific selection. Everything rotates around that pivot thing that you move or would move. Its a good rule to know that it takes at least 3 points(on a single spline) or 3 sections (as in extrudes) to complete or maintain a perfect curve. But again, its hard to tell what exactly your going for?