Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Image contest

nicknite

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin
I need help with entering the image contest! I emailed my image to steve@hash.com

are newbie's not allowed to enter the contest??????

Dion,

Quite the contrary. Newbies are ENCOURAGED to enter the contests.

Did you get a confirmaiton email from Steve telling you he had recieved it?

I fear its too late for this contest. :(

Outstanding image!

• Admin

While I can't speak for Steve it is entirely possible that your image may have given the impression that it wasn't created in A:M.

That's a long shot I admit but looking at your image I can see photo reference but not the tell tale signs of a 3D rendered image.

That combined with the new face (yours... as a relative unknown to the A:M Community) might have been enough to make the entry questionable.

ALL SPECULATION HERE.

• Admin

Hey Dion, thats pretty cool!

I hope you'll keep working on that and submit it for the upcoming Mini Movie contest.

Thanks for providing the screenshot and movie.

Not only are you animating in A:M... it looks like you are having fun! :)

Sorry, Dion- I never got your entry- I guess it got caught in my spam filter- I'll add it to the other entries, but I'm afraid the voting is about wrapped up-

I always send a confirmation when I receive an entry, so hopefully folks will keep after me if they don't get that confirmation when they send an entry!

Sorry, Dion- I never got your entry- I guess it got caught in my spam filter- I'll add it to the other entries, but I'm afraid the voting is about wrapped up-

I always send a confirmation when I receive an entry, so hopefully folks will keep after me if they don't get that confirmation when they send an entry!

Hey Steve, I understand no problem here.

I do thank you for the chance to be part of the contest. :)

The F-16 is a lightweight, single engine Air Force fighter, originally designed to be a dogfighter. Carrier take-offs and landings are very hard on the airframe, so carrier planes are generally heavier and have two engines. The F-16 generally takes off from a land airbase. I worked on their fire control radar in a former life but only saw them operate under test conditions. Rodney is an Airman, he probably knows plenty about their deployed operation. It is a cool plane to watch fly.

The F-16 is a lightweight, single engine Air Force fighter, originally designed to be a dogfighter. Carrier take-offs and landings are very hard on the airframe, so carrier planes are generally heavier and have two engines. The F-16 generally takes off from a land airbase. I worked on their fire control radar in a former life but only saw them operate under test conditions. Rodney is an Airman, he probably knows plenty about their deployed operation. It is a cool plane to watch fly.

Haha. We have some air geeks here. :D;)

I was going to say, F-16's would never make it off an aircraft carrier's deck, not to mention, not on the "landing strip". (Now, you have full right to ignore this and do whatever you want. It's your movie, not ours.) Even with the F-16's on the catapult, we're talking major stress issues like Bruce mentioned.

Look for a nice runway picture and launch off that. :)

try a Harrier (AV-8B) for carrier take-off/landings - also does vertical maneuvers

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/av-8.htm

I actually worked for a short time on the Link real-time Image generation system part of the flight/mission trainer simulator for AV8B's.

One of the display systems for the cockpit was a mapped dome & we had to do foveal & perpheral eyetracking of the pilot to display the correct imagery on the dome, ie, we had to predict where the pilot was looking (or going to look in the next 200 ms) - needless to say - many a pilot threw up in the simulator cockpit before I left - not sure how (or if) it eventually worked out.

Wow... Everyone's got an air history around here, huh?! ;) (Poor guys in the simulator! :shock:)

If you want a cool, active jet, that's sea born, you're going to want the FA-18.

My favorite plane, also carrier born, was the F-14. It's no longer active, though, as it was retired last September.

Wow... That's just cool!

Let me know how much critique you want. There are a couple of things in that that need fixed. The engine intakes are bulging out. In your original model, they were streamlined. Is there a reason you pulled them out? The elevators should be separate. They aren't one piece.

I've got some F-18 shots from a few years ago that you might like to reference. Let me dig them up. :)

Yeah, three Navy pilots from California were supposed to knock their flight hours up, and one of the got lucky and was allowed to fly to the nearest airport by his family. That just happened to be the airport not a mile from my house in Colorado. :) When they landed, they had a fair sized audience! ;) First the guy's family got a tour, then they started letting others in to see. :) They are REALLY awesome aircraft! :D