Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Slow learner

T MAC

Is there a place I can go to learn more about how to model and set up things like tubes sliding around circular rods, making cymbals flop around on a stand when struck by a drum stick without the stick passing through the cymbal, making machine type assemblies rotate on an axle without sliding through the axle.

The learning experience has been hard for me, but I am determined to learn no matter how long it takes.

Thanks in advance!

Tony

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The best way I found to learn anything is to go step by step. The first step is The Art of Animation:Master exercises. After that many people branch off to experiment on the aspect of the program that originally motivated them to buy it.

What many members have done was to start their project and post it in the WIP (work In Progress) folder where they ask questions that they want answered and other members contribute with their answers.

We are all learning here :)

Is there a place I can go to learn more about how to model and set up things like tubes sliding around circular rods, making cymbals flop around on a stand when struck by a drum stick without the stick passing through the cymbal, making machine type assemblies rotate on an axle without sliding through the axle.

The learning experience has been hard for me, but I am determined to learn no matter how long it takes.

Thanks in advance!

Tony

From the sound of it, I think you need to be going through rigging tutorials, Tony. A couple of things to look for would be "dynamic constraints" and the "Newton" plugin...and just some all around rigging tutorials. There are some in the Tutorials section of this forum, there are some examples of the "Newton" plugin capabilities located here and some general rigging tutorials located in the constraints section of the ARM.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Guys,

Do any of you use the community window in AM? I have never been able to register. When I try to register and then sign in, a window comes up saying sign in name can't be found.

Tony

I have had that happen if I don't have Internet Explorer as my default web browser...maybe that's what's going on with you, Tony. The community window seems to prefer that to Firefox (which is what I normally use).

Hope that helps.