sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Ravager

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Locally (on the Hash Inc server that hosts this forum) you can upload an animated Gif file.

That would provide you with a small movie.

The more exensive movie avatars you see (Colin Freeman and Robert Holmeins are two examples) are Flash (.swf) animations which I believe are linked to on their sites.

With this technique you could theoretically set up your movies for interactivity/branching too.

Creating Gif animation is pretty easy.

Flash animation is getting easier to make especially now as A:M is picking up the capability.

• Admin
ummm, how do you make it a gif file?

You'll need a utility/program to make them.

They come in all varieties from simple to complex, command line to interface, from free to really expensive.

If you launch a search on Google for "animation convert AVI to GIF freeware" you are bound to find hundreds.

A while back I used and enjoyed AVI2GIF.

There were other programs of the same order such as TGA2GIF etc.

Now I use Corel Photopaint but I bought that with the Corel suite of programs for $200 or so.

There are a few programs that can create GIF animations themselves but don't convert/import graphics.

Those probably won't suit your needs if you are wanting to use images out of A:M.

Lots and lots of programs to convert images to GIF!

• 2 weeks later...