Messin around with Quasi...

andyg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's pretty cool, Andy. You need to help up animate on TWO.

I'd be a bit scared of that! What I've seen of TWO looks amazing... and a fair bit out of my league as far as animating goes...

Uh...? Have you been reading my blog? We're just friendly anitomatos over there in TWO land. You have a future in the movies, my boy.

• Admin
I'd be a bit scared of that! What I've seen of TWO looks amazing... and a fair bit out of my league as far as animating goes...

Andy,

You have gotta be kiddin us.

Outstanding work on that short Quasi piece. My daughters Jessica and Julia were captivated and I had to explain the story of the Hunchback of Notre Dame. (Jessica knew it from Disney's version of course... so there was that eureka... "Oh I know that story" moment.)

If I had to pick at anything in your messin' with Quasi it might be to have him keep his gaze on the statue for quite a bit longer. Those lifeless stone gargoyles are his only friends and he's been reminded of it.

How long did that take you to animate?

I did it last night throughout the evening, 3 or 4 hours. I still like to break my audio down by sitting listening to the wav file and writing out a dope sheet. That was really how it came about. I was just getting back into the programme and messing around.

Glad your girls liked it!

Cheers AndyG

• Admin
I still like to break my audio down by sitting listening to the wav file and writing out a dope sheet.

Writing out a dope sheet eh?

I'm embarrassed to say I have never seen anyone do that.

I've seen examples... but never the real deal.

If you ever find loads of spare time I know a discussion of dopesheets and planning of a shot would be magic to many of us.

Your Hunchback of Notre Dame project is intriguing.

I can't remember if you said this was a personal project or if it was otherwise.

I do know that you've got the project set up with some really nice models and sets.

I look forward to seeing more as you find the time.

(Hey look everybody... someone else that uses dopesheets!!!) Woo Hoo! :)