Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Fazad

I've posted about this before, only then it was supposed to be a CGI film. It's live action now, and it is very CG heavy. I'm in desperate need of two or three volunteer modelers who are talented enough to create photo-real creatures and environments. You also need to be able to rig the models you creature.

Basically, a lot of our sets will be digital due to the expense of building them in reality. There castles and medieval homes and things like that that will have to be digital due to cost.

Also, I could use one or two people in the animating section, but that won't be needed until probably the end of 2007 or better.

So, anyone up for the task? It won't be easy, but if we succeed, this will be one amazing film!

SUMMARY:

In the great Land of Fazad, a fantasy world where bizarre is the norm and

mystery is practically a part of the culture, a young man begins to explore

his newfound talent for a rare type of magic that is no longer supposed to

exist. Kipote finds himself apprenticed to a powerful mage-like Might, along

with four other young men and women – each one a colorful and interesting

character. As they train for the upcoming magical competition, The Cebaltan

Games, the team of apprentices face many peculiar dilemmas, and must

eventually embark on a rescue mission, in which they will encounter many

peculiar characters and sticky situations. A series of crazy plot twists

lead these apprentices on a journey that no one could have predicted. The

Games are looming nearer and nearer, but they’re the furthest thing from the

minds of Kipote and his friends as they become entangled deeper and deeper

into the twisted scenario.

Meanwhile, the King of Fazad becomes father to a set of triplets, leaving

him in a terrible quandary. How to choose which son will be named the heir

to the Fazadi throne? The situation only worsens when a string of betrayals,

kidnappings, and murders places the future of the entire government of Fazad

in jeopardy. Who is responsible for the chaos? One can never be certain, for

the true villain is the master of concealing himself behind a wall of

deception. As the government quickly deteriorates, it appears that there can

be no one who will be able to restore Fazad to its former glory.

Magic, political intrigue, mystery, and vibrant characterization blend to

create a plot, original, complex, and above all, entertaining. When the

story reaches its climax at the grand arena of the Cebaltan Games, all the

threads of the plot come together in a dramatic revelation, leading off to

an action-packed finish.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the most part, yes. It's more of one of those "if we make money, you could make money."

No one is getting paid on this project at first, though. Only the main actors will get paid (if we make money).

I don't get paid, either, if that helps. =D

-Chris

Chris,

I think I replied the same way to your other post, but here goes.

The only way you are going to get volunteers is if you find people meeting the requirements that have an interest in the story or stories of that genre. There are plenty of projects "out there" for people to invest their time in, most notably the TWO movie.

The wolf-359 project (Star Trek Battle with the Borg) is an example of a certain type of project where people are willing to volunteer because they have an interest in it.

Unfortunately there are few (few is my opinion, not substantiated by any statistical analysis) people thrilled with the "if we make money, you could make money" idea.

Good luck.

David

Well, then why are people working on TWO?

All I asked for is for people who are interested to reply. That means, if no one is interested, then no one replies. It's that simple.

I understand all of that. But I'm not asking for years of work like TWO is.

I've already got one person who's been working with me and has done a great job. But I need one or two more modelers who can help me out so I can get more done.

How am I going to find people if I don't post? PM every single user here and ask if they're interested in the fantasy genre/my story? No...I post a thread and if someone is interested, they'll post.

And if no one likes the idea of potential pay, then fine, I'll do like TWO is doing. You won't get paid at all. Is that what you all want? At least I'm offering potential pay. What is TWO offering other than a piece of paper? They'll be making money of off the DVD's.

-Chris

All I asked for is for people who are interested to reply. That means, if no one is interested, then no one replies. It's that simple.

Chris,

1. Guess I missed that in your post.

2. It wasn't my intention to insult you, just give an explanation why animators, modellers and riggers were not beating a path to your door.

3. I post jobs in the help wanted forum where I pay for services and might get 9 or 10 applicants.

4. Your request for "photo-real creatures and environments" narrows the field significantly.

Just words of advice, not a slap in the face. You can take or leave the advice. Attacking TWO is probably not a good idea either. Your choice.

Have a good day.

David

I wasn't attacking the Two project. I thought it was a volunteer job, so I pointed that out.

I cannot offer 100,000 dollars, so I guess my thread can be deleted.

And seeing as how I just posted this thread this morning, I wasn't expecting people to beat a path to my doorway. I never thought that would happen, ever. It was just a thread asking for help in hopes that someone would be interested.

-Chris

Chris;

Making a movie is HARD. I mean, it's REALLY HARD. (Did I mention how HARD it is to make a movie?) Why don't you get involved with TWO for a while and get your feet wet. You may not want to ever make movies again after that but at least you'll see some of the inner workings - the HARDEST of which is managing people.

Martin

I'd love to get involved with TWO. I'm not a great animator, though. I'm much better at things like screen-writing and cinematography and directing and things that.

I've worked on a few short films before, and Fazad is my first chance at directing a feature length film. I've been in development on this project for nearly a year now. It's based on an unpublished novel by a writer in New York. I've talked with Stefen Fangmeier (visual effects supervisor of Jurassic Park/Master and Commander/and director of upcoming fantasy film "Eragon") about what I should do and he said that the best thing I could do if directing is what I want to do is to direct a good movie and try to get it out there for people to see.

Anyway, yeah, I'd love to get involved with TWO. I'd just need a job that doesn't have anything to do with the actual animation or modeling or anything like that.

So just e-mail me at Chris_harris06@yahoo.com if you've got an open position for something like that.

-Chris

• 3 weeks later...

I've got some new location scout photos.

palace.jpg

This picture ^^^ is the Dazaf palace area. We're still actually working on a design for the outside, but this will be the main entrance area.

p4010017[1].jpg

This picture ^^^ is where we're thinking of putting Preazilok. But we'll see. :)

1024.jpg[1].jpg

We're not actually sure what we're going to use this location for ^^^ but maybe Angarooka's castle...?

Note: The names I used are characters/locations from the film. :)

More photos to come, folks! Later!

-Chris

• Hash Fellow
No one is getting paid on this project at first, though. Only the main actors will get paid (if we make money).

That probably didn't help your cause.

Whether you meant it or not it's saying that the on-screen talents are the ones you respect enough to compensate and not the off screen ones.

Try making a movie with just on-screen talent!

Sure, you can't make a movie with just on-screen talent. And sure, everyone is deserving of payment.

But I'm not doing it because I think actors are more valuable. I'm doing it because 1) The main actors will be giving an entire year (every day of the year) of their life if not more to shoot this film. While the animators will be working for a year or more, it won't be every day of their life.

2) I'm paying them first because they'll start and be done with their work before you even begin.

3) The actors are cheap enough to go ahead and get their payment out of the way so I can concentrate on earning enough money to pay the animators.

-Chris

Yes, but it also had a larger crew and budget. This is a huge film in terms of length and plot (it's extremely complex) and because of our small crew, we can't have more than one unit shooting at a time.

Also, that includes primary shooting, green-screen shoots, pick-ups, etc. So, yup, I need a year.

-Chris