sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Modifying a Hash model

Kelley

I'm trying to chage the 'Dump Truck' that comes with A:M, but everytime I try to Save or Close Out, I get an error message that says the model is either being used by someone else [there's nobody else in the house] or that it's a Read-Only file.

Is there a way around this?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I pointedly tried to do a 'Save As'. It didn't work.

All my Projects are saved to the C:/Programs File/Hash,Inc., but as you can see from the attached screen capture, A:M insisits on trying to write to the CD on the F:/. I created a new file in My Documents and tried to save there. Same problem. I thought perhaps if I took the CD out of the CD tray, it would work. I got a second error message saying something to the effect that "...an I/O error was detected..." and when I clicked on 'OK', A:M crashed on me.

Is there a third possibility?

[attachmentid=20233]

Save_Truck_QUESTION.jpg

Yes...I assume that screen capture is an attempt to Save As the project. It still has models saved externally to the cd drive. So, it will try to save them there until you tell it to save the model somewhere else.

Man, you're having a hard time getting your head round externally saved models.

Two things, you can change the file from a saved location to 'embedded' and then you can modify it and save it either with the project or by itself.

You can't save it to the CD-ROM (Read Only Memory). Choose a different folder location in your my documents like 'My Animation Master' or something similar.

Hope that helps. :D

Yes...I assume that screen capture is an attempt to Save As the project. It still has models saved externally to the cd drive. So, it will try to save them there until you tell it to save the model somewhere else.

Man, you're having a hard time getting your head round externally saved models.

Alas, you're right. It is so rarely an issue, that the info seems to fade over time. Then I mousetrap myself all over.

In any event, I've got it saved in the project now. Thanks for leading me out of the fog again.