Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Caveman & Worm

Hi there,

i just recently had the idea on an cartoon filem with an caveman and an huge dinosaur like worm which lives underground. I had the idea for quite some time now, but now i finaly found the time to model, texture and reigg at least the caveman. There is still some work to do, but it is going in the right direction. To set up this caracter, modelling, texturing and rigging (Setupmachine) took me about 2 days.

What do you think guys?

Cheers,

Heiner

Caveman0.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, got a bit further. Now he has ears, and i build an enviroment around him. The volcano in the distance will get heavy smoke on top, but till now i am not sure, how i will do it, by particles, or just by painting something. I also pretty much finished the storyxboarding for the first episode, so what i am missing now, is the Logo, and the second main character, the worm. Allready have some scribbles, how he should look like, but nothing what can be really shown.

On the story side, i am planning to have em very satiric, black humourous and defineatley political incorrect with lots of bad taste jokes.

Cheers,

Heiner

Caveman_Enviroment0.jpg

Hi there,

a little update on the first scene: I have redone lightning, textures of ground, the volcano now has smoke (just a picture with alpha, but its doing the job quite niceley). Regarding a bellybutton: I had one modeled in an earlyer version, but i was not able to get the the belly to be smooth after that (i guess too much 5 point patches). So i droped it. But may be i am going to add one by using a decal. Anyway, hope you like the stuff so far.

cheers,

Heiner

Scene_129.jpg

Ok, next stage.

The project is getting along nice. Today i moddeled the tail of the worm and rigged it. I have a different modell for tha tail, because it is having some quite delicate animations, for which the general worm model is not to good suited. I am prepearing pic of the worm, but till they are ready, you will have to live with a shot of scene 2. Hope you like it.

Cheers

Heiner

Scene_2_0.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So, by now i am thinking about the main logo and i made the "Caveman" by now. Since the whole name is Caveman & worm i will try to make something like have the "&" be "written" by a worm, who wriggles itself so, that he looks like a & in the end. For the Rigg and the setup i have some pretty good ides with nulls, to which the geometry bones are hirarchicaly atached, and the nulls are constraint to a path. If it works like i think it should work, i will just have to pull on one end of the worm. We will see ...

Cheers

Heiner

Scene_2_0.jpg

Cool caveman... I like what u have done so far...I can't help but notice that the overall scene has a very flat appearence... Maybe ajust the lighting a bit to create uneven light and shadows....if thats the look u want then keep it...

I look forward to more...