Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Automatic Point to Point Arcs

thumperness

I found as I was doing Exercise #5, having the rabbit walk on a path, that as I was making the walk cycle, his feet kept sinking below the ground line. I know this is because A:M defaults to using a curved, flowy arc between keyframes instead of the most direct route. Usually this is fine.

How do I turn this off so I don't have to key every frame to keep my foot on the ground? :blink:

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin
How do I turn this off so I don't have to key every frame to keep my foot on the ground?

There is no turning off per se.

You'll want to open up your channel editor (or timeline if you prefer) from there you'll be able to select your channels for feet animation and change the bias interpolation to linear, hold, zero slope or whatever you prefer for your animation. For simple animation you may find that just peaking those channels works fine.

• Hash Fellow

Time Based Drivers - From the Online Technical Reference

That's a good one.

BTW I'll just note that there seems to be an error in the screen grabs for the bouncing balls. They are identical when they should not be. The second one looks about right; the first one probably should be a bit less broad at the top.