sprockets Behind The Scenes: A:M and Animatronics Jeff Cantin's Classic Splining Tutorial Strange Effect, video demo and PRJ included John blows up a planet, PRJs included VWs by Stian, Rodger and Marcos Myron's band gets its own wine! Learn to do radiosity renders
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Moving Library Folders

T-Dogg

I am using AM2006, the yeti CD. I downloaded the AM2000 & AM2001 files from the Hash FTP. I created a library file for AM2000 and gave all the models thumbnails. Then I was doing the same for AM2001. After spending a long time doing this, I noticed the "Vehicles\Land" folder was missing. Then, right before my eyes, the "Vehicles\Sea" folder disappeared as well. I went back and checked the AM2000 library and the same thing had happened there too! I panicked and closed AM quickly. When I reopened it and browsed my libraries, I found those folders as well as a couple of others had mysteriously relocated themselves into my "props\weapons\blade" library folder.

I have no idea what caused this to happen! :o

Is there any way to move entire folders around in the library so I don't have to go back and change each file individually? In the demo movie, the guy says AM works like windows does. Well, in Windows I can cut and paste my shortcuts, but I don't see any way to do this in the AM library window. I only see options to add new folders or shortcuts.

Can someone please help me? Thank you.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I used "find and replace" in wordpad to fix the AM2000 and AM2001 libraries, and the default library I just copied off the CD. So I think everything's fixed now.

I still with there was a better way to sort files and move them around in the library window itself in AM. Does Hash have any plans for adding features like this in the future?

• Admin
Does Hash have any plans for adding features like this in the future?

Not that they have revealed.

I'd guess that Library improvements may be in the realm of plugin/uitility programmers to build for now.

I'd gladly work with anyone that wants to work on improvements.

There is one aspect of Libraries in future versions that might force an update to how A:M handles libraries. The ability to read into compressed files would seemingly force A:M to require the ability to 'see' into compressed files or only view shortcuts to resources outside of compressed files. I'm hoping for the first option but no news is good news for now.

Libraries will improve in direct porportion to the attention span of those that champion them. ;)

Libraries will improve in direct porportion to the attention span of those that champion them. ;)

What were we talking about again???

Now, seriously, I really do feel that more library options could really turn a good feature into a great one. Even a simple "sort by name" option like in windows favorites would be nice. I'm sure a bunch of people who were clever enough to create this wonderful program could easily add such options.

Does anyone else out there agree?

• Admin

Since library files are just text files it should'nt be to hard for a programmer to generate/manipulate that text in interesting ways.

I'm no programmer but as I said: I'd gladly work with anyone that wants to work on Library improvements.

For Hash Inc involvement definitely follow Ken's suggestion and submit to A:M Reports at a New Feature request.