sprockets Learn to create your own tool bars! Behind The Scenes: A:M and Animatronics Jeff Cantin's Classic Splining Tutorial Strange Effect, video demo and PRJ included John blows up a planet, PRJs included VWs by Stian, Rodger and Marcos Myron's band gets its own wine!
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Relationships and Poses

Laconic

Hello,

I'm practicing rigging and posing in A:M 12.0 on a Powermac G4.

I need help in understanding how to maintain the relationship between bones while I'm building a pose.

Here's my situation:

Let's say I have Two (2) bones: Bone 1 and Bone 2. I'd like a pose where they move in relation to each other in a Percentage Pose.

I right-click on the object name in the workspace and choose [New][Pose]. This opens a pose slider which is set to 100%.

I then set up relationships between bones using "Orient Like" [bone 2 is set to "Orient Like" Bone 1,] When I move Bone 1 with Bone 2 related, it works fine and the bones moves as they should with the relationships.

When I move the slider to a new percentage and then move Bone 1 again, Bone 2 doesn't move according to the relationship I just set up. Still, the relationships are visible in the Project Workspace.

I hope this explains my issue. Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong are appreciated.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong are appreciated.

You're probably not doing anything wrong, but the enforcement defaults to a "hold" type of interpolation. All you should have to do is to select the constraint in the pose, open the timeline (Alt+2), select the point at zero on the graph, right mouse click and select the "linear" interpolation method.

Hope that helps.

Thanks David.

I'll try this. By the way, you are the RIGGING MASTER!

Loved your tutorial on face rigging, even if it's a little more advanced that I'm at, now....

T

Not a problem, T. I'm always learning something new, so, I'm not at a level where I would agree with you on the "master" label. I'm glad the tutorials are helping you though. I should have a few more tutorials finished in the next few weeks if all goes well.