sprockets Learn to create your own tool bars! Behind The Scenes: A:M and Animatronics Jeff Cantin's Classic Splining Tutorial Strange Effect, video demo and PRJ included John blows up a planet, PRJs included VWs by Stian, Rodger and Marcos Myron's band gets its own wine!
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

DXF Model Cleanup (For Fun)

I was digging around the old hard drive and found an old DXF model of "AL".

I had played with him before back in the version 8 days, but it was just too much work to remove all the extra splines that resulted from polygon models.

Low and behold someone posted a link to "AccuTrans-3D" and I decided to save a quads copy of "AL" and import him and see how much work there was to do.

Sure enough it made it bearable. So I've done some significant cleanup. Split his mouthline and given him an inside to his mouth, cleaned up the face, touched up the ears (A LOT) and completely merged his jacket with his biceps and forearms and his pelvis with his thighs and calves.

I decided to see how much progress I had made and figured I'd give Ambiant Occlusion a try while I was at it. (AO settings are Render Option AO=ON. Choreography settings = Global Ambiance Type = Global Color, Ambiant color = White (255,255,255), Ambiance Intensity = 100%, Ambiance Occlusion = 100%)

Looks a lot better even with just simple surface colors and the mesh cleanup.

I think I'll touch up the hands some more and add teeth, then I'll rig him.

This could bode well for fairly simple characters such as this.

Al_Cap_Own_001.jpg

Al_Cap_Own_002.jpg

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images