Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Decals re-name themselves, then disappear...

Kelley

I've been applying decals of Soviet Revolutionary Posters over brick wall. The posters go on fine, then after a while, disappear. The white areas on the wall show where the posters were. The one remaining [near ground level] has since disappeared. The container in the PWS then changes from 'SOV. POSTER_01' to 'SOV. POSTER_011' [or...SOV.POSTER_03' to 'SOV.POSTER_031'] The 'Image' inside the container says 'SOV.POSTER_01'.

Is the brick [as first decal applied] over-riding the poster? Something else?[attachmentid=13991]

DECALS_RENAME_DISAPPEAR.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Those images somehow haven't been applied. If you select on the image icon in the PWS and go to properties, then you can select the image to apply. You can see the ones that are applied have a thumbnail of the image beside the decal folder.

It's gotta be a glitch.

Hey Robert; is it still doing it? Does the problem still exist?

Vern takes home the marbles on this one! It was the 'dot' [.] in the poster name. I deleted each .tga from the Library, re-named them on my hard-drive, and dragged each back to the library. Problem solved. Then Poster#1 disappeared! Following Ken's lead, I was looking in Properties and discovered that where it should say Image:color, it said Image:none. [also, the icon had disappearred in PWS] Poking around, I opened the little arrow next to 'Image:' and got the whole list of icons from the top section [images] in PWS. I found that the Poster#1 name with the dot had somehow not got deleted and it was defaulting back. After deleting it, and specifying the replacement, all is well.

Dhar: your comment, 'what's with you and duplicating?' is still a good one. Both my Decals folder, and Groups, are filled with duplications. But I'm going to open another thread on that.

Thanks for all the help.[attachmentid=14048]

DECALS_RENAME_SUCCESS.jpg