Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

MAAM User Group...

ddavis

Hey,

Sorry I've been absent for so long. Lot o stuff going on in the real world. On the up side I have a much nicer place we can use as a meeting space.

Anyway, are any of you guys up for getting together in the next several weeks???

If so...give me some potential dates.

And for any new users who live in the PA, NJ, DE, MD area.. The Mid Atlantic Animation Master Users Group could use you.

Don

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh god yes!

Must.... get... out... of... the.... house.... no... human... contact... need... beer....

The mail man runs past my house when he sees me now. I actually had Jehovah's Witnesses tell me they didn't have anymore time to talk and really needed to leave.

My clients aren't interested in discussing world events with me anymore... apparently they have work to do.

The water company put in one of those dang wireless meters... now the guy doesn't even knock on the door.

--------------------

I am available, just let me know when. I should have a bunch of stuff to look at. Maybe we can brainstorm some ideas I am working on... I won't be able to run anything on my laptop... it just aint got the juice... I will bring a CD.

At least this time I am using the latest version of AM!

Vernon "Lonely man" Zehr

Like Vern, I have been "inside" way too long... and my social existance has been - WORK-SLEEP-EAT-WORK-EAT-SLEEP-EAT-SLEEP-WORK - anyway... it's getting old! Any date would be fine with me... I have no other focus at this time, so I'm available to throw myself into this completely as possible. I miss y'all greatly. I don't have anything much to show. I have not moved much from what I've shown you last time around.

Thankyou sooooo much, Don, for this. I think we all are ready for this.

OK,

That's pretty good response for less than 24hrs, thanks guys!

I'm thinking the 11th or the 18th of February. Does anyone have a preference. We can wait until next week to lock it down. I want to give anyone else who may be interested time to see this post and digest the whole thing.

The usual things will be in place. I will try to take care of snacks and drinks. Anyone want to bring something...feel free.

There will be two iv hookups, one coffee for Vern and one Coke for Zach.

Scott, if you want to bring those scrumdiddilyumptious cookies again I'm sure nobody will stop you.(hinthint)

I still don't have a Mac so if somebody would like to bring one it would be a help.

Zach, if you could bring your projector connector it would be greatly appreciated. (PRO-jec-TOR-co-nec-TOR I like the way that sounds, and in the world of Speed Racer, do you think Inspector Detector has a projector connector?)

Rich, you can now add GO-TO-MAAM-MEETING to the WORK-SLEEP-EAT routine (vicious cycle?)

My new office is about two blocks away from the last one and its much nicer (8th and Arch). I assure you all its not anything like the last place.

I'll post all the info with a map later. Any suggestions, just let me know.

Don,

Thanks again for assuming the mantle of leadership. I will commission my wife to create one of her cookie masterpieces. (Vern, would you like me to bring a separate plate just for you?)

We should probably take a gander at the Hash Frappr and see if there are any people in the area that might want to attend and mayvbe send them an invite. I saw that Mark Skodacek lives in Cranbury, NJ. He's doing all the rigging on TWO, so maybe if we beg him he would come. Him doing a presentation on applying the squetch rig would be a huge draw.

18th works best for me.

Scott

EDIT: Checked the Frappr - Ed Lynch is probably the only on I see that might be within range (maybe he and Zach could car pool) - Scott

I guess short of searching profiles for PA, NJ, MD and DE that might be it.

Most Spectacular! And Thank you Don for again bringing us together!

My schedule is pretty much open so any time will work for me.

And this time I will be ready with something new to show!

OOps, I almost forgot to mention. I will bring my CRAY computer ( AMD 4000 w/ 2 gig ram) and convince my wife to let me bring her new 12" Powerbook! (Now i have 2 MACs in the house.) I will also bring my iSight cam for documentation purposes. So with all that, the computers should be covered!

Hubukai

Cool!

I anticipate this meeting will be better than when we had to point a video camera at my laptop because I forgot to bring my video adapter for the projector... that was... an inspiration.

I can bring my laptop to demo some photoshop tricks if anyone is interested.

Vernon "!" Zehr

OK,

Looks like February 18th, 2006 will be our next MAAM meeting date. Lets say about 12 noon as a starting time.

I'll post directions and such in the next week or two.

If anyone has any questions just contact me.

Oh... and check back here every once and a while to see if anything changes.

Thanks

Don,

Awesome, February 18th it is. if you need me for anything prior to that, please let me know. I am always online if you need me. I will plann on bringing the computer systems and I will try to get there a little earlier to setup. I should also have the latest version of animation master as well!

OK,

Looks like February 18th, 2006 will be our next MAAM meeting date. Lets say about 12 noon as a starting time.

I'll post directions and such in the next week or two.

If anyone has any questions just contact me.

Oh... and check back here every once and a while to see if anything changes.

Thanks

So, at the risk of sounding like an airhead... is there anything I can do Don/everyone? (Besides show up?)

Top Ten things for Rich to do at the MAAMUG meeting

1. You can keep me company during smoke breaks!

2. When I show off my stuff... I want you to "oooh" and "ahhh" a lot.

3. Create a polygon import/export plugin that is "perfect" and demo it at the meeting.

4. Tell me I look like I have lost weight even if you don't think so.

5. Come up with the perfect UV/decaling technique that will revolutionize AM use.

Keep it a secret so only WE will have this knowledge.

6. Tell me what a waste of talent it would be if I got a part time job at McDonald's.

7. Visit my dead beat clients and tell them you know Kung Fu and will kill them with

only your thumbs if they don't pay me.

8. Assure me that all this strange weather is not a sign of the end times.

9. Bring in and show us the painting from your attic of you as an old man.

10. Bring the Yeti AM disk and the Orangutan Disk and do a finger puppet show.

;)

Vernon "!" Zehr

It makes me feel good to know Vern stays inside in front of a computer more than me! I thought I was the only one that had dead beat clients. Maybe Rich can build "Web Man!!!" The Web guy super hero that fights for Web developers everywhere!

He can code 7,000 lines of AJAX and SOAP in a single second to program away evil clients in a single bound!

Thwart evil web site hackers!

:)

So, at the risk of sounding like an airhead... is there anything I can do Don/everyone? (Besides show up?)

3. Create a polygon import/export plugin that is "perfect" and demo it at the meeting.

5. Come up with the perfect UV/decaling technique that will revolutionize AM use.

6. Tell me what a waste of talent it would be if I got a part time job at McDonald's.

7. Visit my dead beat clients and tell them you know Kung Fu and will kill them with

;)

Vernon "!" Zehr

:o:o:huh::angry::)

Ya know...

I really miss this interaction.

Don't you web guys always build some back door into your websites just in case a dead beat client becomes too dead beat. Website on, website off, website on, website off.

Anyway...

Rich, Just having your smiling face at the meeting will be ample reward. Oh, and if you could bestow some knowledge...that would be good too, but not necessary. Or just show up a little early to help set up.

John, thanks for bringing the equipment, I will have the projector but we could use help with the other stuff.

And Vern, I have no doubt that you will dazzle us all with how you touch the distant beaches with tales of brave Ulysses, how his naked ears were... wait no, uh...Oh the TWO project, some of that stuff is looking really cool, in addition to your usual Vern-O-Matic bag of Vernisims that will Vernacize our brains. We already got a top ten list which is more than I could have hoped for.

I need to get working on posting a amp..no....pam...no...map, thats it a map (I'm getting too excited)

Can do!

I thought I already had that one covered.

What? And risk having to become a Hash employee??? The work arounds are too much fun... LOL...

Only if you tell me I looked like I gained weight.

What is UV/decaling??

They pay pretty good... I don't know about the 401k, though.

How about I just dress up like a member of Al-Queda and strap myself with gernades and visit them?

Actually, it is.

As long as I don't have to look at it!

So, I am the "court jester" of the MAAMUG meetings.... I knew it!

Maybe Rich can build "Web Man!!!"

John, will I be doing that the "A:M" way or the "Doctor Frankenstein" way?

Or just show up a little early to help set up.

Sure, I'll be there!

I have decided to work on a new plug-in for AM per Rich's Quote #4.

Only if you tell me I looked like I gained weight.

It will use Vern’s Bio kit to extract extra fat cells from more stocky AM users such as myself and beam them to Rich! Then, Riches insane metabolism will take over, destroying all AM users extra fat cells within a 15' radius. Ill have to come in with a USB or Fire wire Cable to plug in to the computer and also to Rich. once this is done, I figure we will all come out of the meeting 10 to 25 lbs lighter, just being near Rich for a couple of hours.

Maybe Vern’s next AM Bio project can include a Bluetooth Bio Implant for all of us.

I dub the... "The AM to Entity MAAM weight loss plan".

Of coarse we will have to compensate rich for utilizing his super metabolism.

USB or Fire wire Cable to plug in to the computer and also to Rich

John, this is starting to sound like "geek style S & M". Besides... I only have so many "ports" to choose from. You may have to bring in a "HUB" too.

Hi Rich,

To change the subject.....

In an effort to get something together for the AM meeting.. i was taking a look at Gen Man and thought he needed a space ship for the Earth Federation of Planets.

do you happen to have a logo for ... Earth Federation of Planets?

I want to imprint the logo on the Ship I am working on.

If you dont have a logo for it, can I use my creative brain to come up with something?

if you do... canyou email it to me?

and just a question... is it suppose to be...

Earth Federation of Planets

or

Federation of Planets?

WARNING!

Please don't sing that happy birthday tribute using the copyrighted version of that familiar tune!

Apparently they could sue us for like $4,000!

Uh... I wonder... can they sue you for whistling that tune or humming it in your head?

Happy BD dude!

Vernon "!" Zehr

Hi Bob,

We will be meeting in philadelphia. Don Davis will post direction information closer to the date.

I missed your birthday John- sorry!

HAPPY B-DAY!!

And Bob, it's in "Center City" Philadelphia to be specific.

I'm posting the logo here John... If you want the photoshop document, with layers and all,

I will send to you after I find the damn thing... I think I archived that sucker.

I used the photoshop tut that Vern did (over at the A.R.M.) to get the text around the circle. Took a lot of trial and error!

UntitledEFSEAL_42.jpg

Hi Rich,

In an effort to get my project going... i asked my buddy John to play with the Earth Federation of Planets logo in adobe illustrator to see what he could come up with. It is all vector based and can be brought in to Master. thats why i like illustrator so much. Hope you dont mind. He took your logo and went a little creative with it.

What do you think?

if you like it, i can send the illustrator and AM versions.

[attachmentid=13848]

John H

post-652-1138564687_thumb.jpg

I'm thinking about coming. For one, I haven't ever been to a user group meeting, and for another, I haven't been to Philly in quite a while. (Just the thought of possibly having another cheesesteak is tempting enough!)

But even though I'm closer than I have been in years, I'm still 3 hours away. (Which still makes me an hour closer than I was when I was in college!) But it's still a long drive, and my car is rather old.

So I'm thinking about it...

I didn't even know this was a meeting close to me. I thought it was the Massachussettes area A:M User Group...

Hey Brainmuffin

We'd love to have you show up. I understand 3 hours is a long ride but the action packed thrills and excitement more than make up for that.

After all, us AM users aren't all bad. What if I throw in lunch??

Where are you located (if that can be revealed)? Perhaps we can help.

So I'm thinking about it...

Hi Rich,

In an effort to get my project going... i asked my buddy John to play with the Earth Federation of Planets logo in adobe illustrator to see what he could come up with. It is all vector based and can be brought in to Master. thats why i like illustrator so much. Hope you dont mind. He took your logo and went a little creative with it.

What do you think?

if you like it, i can send the illustrator and AM versions.

[attachmentid=13848]

John H

OH MY GOD!! IT'S FULL OF STARS!!!!! I LOVE IT!!! PLEASE SEND!!! I'll have to give your friend credit for doing it when I use it... it goes on the uniforms, space suits, space ships, space stations. Of course I'd rather have it in blue for my purposes, because of the NASA look. Actually, in my story, the back story suggests that NASA becomes the EFOP, although there is still a NASA headquarters on earth and the leading governments also... the merging of spacetravel-aeronaughtics and government is the EFOP.-- hope that wasn't TMI.

FIRST:

Here ya go Directions for Saturday, Feb. 18th

http://amuser.home.comcast.net/MAAM/maam.html

If you have any questions just let me know.

SECOND:

Vern...what are you talkin about, I don't know whose meeting you missed but it wasn't ours, I hope you still plan on attending. I want to hear all about Klu-klip, TWO, and all the other fun stuff in the world of Vern.

Brainmuffin,

Sorry, I don't think we have any members that far north. I still hope you can make it.

Does anyone have any suggestions??

FIRST:

Here ya go Directions for Saturday, Feb. 18th

If you have any questions just let me know.

Saturday, Feb. 18th 12:00 PM

The location:

125 North 8th Street Philadelphia PA 19016

or

777 Appletree Street Philadelphia PA 19106

I'm going to assume the building is in one zip code, but after I read:

and I, or someone like me will answer and buzz you in (it's a magnetic lock so when its opened it doesn't really buzz, actually it makes no sound at all so don't wait for a buzz to pull on the door handle just assume that when I say it's open, it's open) Come in get on the elevator and you will be transported to the 6 th floor.

I've been wondering if you were a "TimeLord" or something...

Just kidding.

:lol:

SECOND:

Vern...what are you talkin about, I don't know whose meeting you missed but it wasn't ours, I hope you still plan on attending. I want to hear all about Klu-klip, TWO, and all the other fun stuff in the world of Vern.

There was an "online" meeting for TWO set creators. If BrainMuffin comes to our meeting... I could catch up on what I missed.

No MAAM, I would never miss a MAAMUG meeting.

Vernon "!" Zehr

• 2 weeks later...

All MAAM members,

Please do not ban me, but I will not be able to make the meeting now, therefore no cookies. I was really looking forward to the meeting, too! Maybe I'll be able to make it to the summer or fall session.

Scott

No cookies!?!?

No cookies!?!?

Does someone else know how to make cookies? I need the cookies. I want... the cookies.

Oh... yes... sorry you can't make it...

... but could you send the cookies anyway? Or could you send Rich the recipe? He was looking for more ways to contribute.

Vernon "Cookies!" Zehr

No cookies!?!?

No cookies!?!?

Does someone else know how to make cookies? I need the cookies. I want... the cookies.

... but could you send the cookies anyway? Or could you send Rich the recipe? He was looking for more ways to contribute.

Vernon "Cookies!" Zehr

Scott... I'm willing to "try"... I'm not a great cook or anything, Vern. I've been known to use food as a weapon, though. Hopefully I have all the ingredients. I warn you... I use lots of butter- in everything I cook!

Well from what I am told, My wife makes the best cookies in the world. I will see if i can bribe her in to making some.

** (Confirmed, she will make cookies!, Home Made Yummy Cookies!!!!) **

In other AM news, this meeting has been good for me... It kicked me back in to gear and AM-ING! Thanks Don. I gave myself a homework assignment to have something to show for the meeting and i will.

John H.

No cookies!?!?

No cookies!?!?

<sigh>

Vernon "Cookies!" Zehr

Scott... I'm willing to "try"... I'm not a great cook or anything, Vern. I've been known to use food as a weapon, though. Hopefully I have all the ingredients. I warn you... I use lots of butter- in everything I cook!

Ugh!

All this talk of cookies, is anybody bringing milk?

Got Hash?

Scott, sorry to hear you can't make it, you will be missed. Could we Skype you in to the meeting?

Brainmuffin, there are several parking lots, check the link.

The building is almost surrounded by parking lots. Cost of parking is $11 for the day. you could try to find meter parking. There are some meters along Appletree Street and on Arch Street. I'll look to see if there are any cheaper close by.

Does anyone feel like going out to eat after the meeting or should we just order in???

OK,

One more day,

did you hear me, I said one more day...

that's 24 hours from now (actually a few more since I'm posting this around 8:30 am)

I'm picking up some munchies later, any requests?

See ya all tomorrow (that includes you, Rich)

Oh boy! Is it time for the meeting already? Time flies when you're... uh... well... time flies.

Yes... slaving away tonight!

I get it from both ends so to speak... the stuff I want to show is also for the TWO project... two birds with one stone... I know Bob is probably about ready to fire me... or dock my pay... or... put something in my permanent record...

... uh... I have some other "mystery" things to show... have to see how much time we have.

Vernon "!" Zehr