Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Duplicating within the Choreography Window

Kelley

I'm trying to add a series of flat Shelf Corals to the scene. It would make life a lot easier if I could select one within the camera view, duplicate it, and adjust its position...rather than dragging down another from Objects>Choreography, then have to back 'way out [visually] to find it, rotate it, drag it into position, then scale.[attachmentid=12929]

CORAL_DUPLICATION_QUESTION.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That sounds like a "simple" workflow enhancement. You might suggest it in AM:Reports. I too have wondered why you can't duplicate a shortcut. TWO will have lots of similar shortcuts in some scenes.

Thanks for the responses. I guess the answer to the question is 'no, it can't be done'. I checked out the Steffan Gross plug-in site and here's what he had to say about it: "

"With this plugin you can import a model several times in a choreographie . Of course, this does nothing other than the normal way , but if you want to import a model as example 100 times , doing this with the plugin is more simply and faster ...."

It would appear that each still has to be located, rotated into position, dragged into the camera view, scaled, etc.

The scatter plugin looks great. If this doesn't do it...

In the past I have used a text editor for this.

Track down the shortcuts to the model you need to duplicate in the chor...

... copy paste... change the "names" and number of the shortcut in the text file (it is kind of obvious).

Open this new text file in AM. The shortcuts would all be on top of each other. Just select each one in the PWS and move it around. All in the same place so you shouldn't have to zoom out at all.

I used this technique for ceiling girders in my Ku-klip set. I even changed the z offset of each copy in the text editor so I didn't have to tweak much in AM. Worked like a charm.

To make it easier, I copy out the smaller piece of text into a new text document.

I then use search and replace to change the shortcut referernce, copy and paste it back in to the original. Rinse repeat.

Keep a piece of paper handy and jot down the line number in the text file where you will be pasting incase you lose your spot... trust me on this. My program allows me to put markers in a text file to "jump around".

Sounds harder than it is. It actually was way faster than doing it by hand in AM.

Vernon "!' Zehr