sprockets Live Answer Time Home Page Featured Free Models spotlight Rigged Spider Tinkering Gnome's Workshop
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

The corner room

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Also the music pages seem to be "floating" above the floor.If you look at the shadow underneath, the pages look way to thick.

Try and think about the composition as well. There is a lot of empty "negative" space in the top left side, which accompanied by the position of the guitar neck and the heavy black border combine to drive the eye out of the picture. Standing it up in the corner and moving one of the pages into the foreground a little more would go a long way to alleviate this.

Feel free to ignore this advice- its only an opinion

Chris

Very nice. Here are some suggestions, since you asked...

I agree with the others about composition. If you lean it up against the wall it will look more natural and balanced.

I would consider scaling down the texture on the wall. The specks look too big for that size wall.

As a guitarist, I immediately noticed that the guitar body looks a little thinner than normal (I mean the "depth"...the distance from the front to the back). I suppose some guitars are thinner than average, but it's just something that jumped out at me.

The picture on the wall is placed way too low if we are considering proper scale. A person standing in the room would have his head much higher than that. Ignore if that is a full-length mirror and not a picture.

Finally, the floor seems a little too reflective for a linoleum floor. Maybe introduce some scuffs and lighten up on the reflectivity a little.

Don't let me discourage you, though. Your modeling and texturing shows a lot of talent. You've created a very nice piece here.

Nos

I agree with what the others have suggested.

One additional small crit: to give the pic some more contrast, change the wall color, choose a complimentary color (perhaps a forest green). The current color is too simular for the guitar to effectively stand out.

Just one guy's opinion.

Steve P.