Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

MouthOpen

Hey guys, another speed practice piece.

I'm in the process of making some changes and you'll notice some problems with the face deformation that I'm working on too...

But this was definately a fun little project for myself.

I'm gonna try and refine this one before I try a full render, but take a looksee!

http://www.vrcops.com/vids/ChoFuriousA.mov

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bravo!

You have got sound!!!

Bravissimo!

Now the guy has come alive...

Just some wonderings...

Why has he got fog in the mouth??? Or is porridge???

I thought the cavity would be be dark brown red or something...

And not native speaking English I wonder - is the grammar correct???

mouths that is plural

do people in the states have more than one mouth???

using to eat with???

I believe it is better with singular - mouth?

But the sound makes it... and lipsynch!!!

This will be funny... hoping on more soon!!!

:D

I can tell what you're trying to do with the mouth fog, Mike, but I don't think it'll work in a 3d character. You'll probably have to either A) eliminate teeth entirely, or B) model a pair of white slabs to represent the teeth.

If you really want to play with the fog/teeth idea, though, I'd suggest making the transitions less gradual. In fact, those "teeth" should really almost blink into and out of place...

I can tell what you're trying to do with the mouth fog, Mike, but I don't think it'll work in a 3d character. You'll probably have to either A) eliminate teeth entirely, or B) model a pair of white slabs to represent the teeth.

If you really want to play with the fog/teeth idea, though, I'd suggest making the transitions less gradual. In fact, those "teeth" should really almost blink into and out of place...

Mike you conformist!!!!

Just kidding.

yeah, I'm not ready to abandon the method just yet.

Still playing with it, I have the teeth to show up on "E" at the 100% value, so, I'll give it a try with the white showing up at something quicker, like 10% or 15% value.

I think it's too flash on flash off if I remember when I initially tried this quick method a few weeks ago.

But I'll post as I go.

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com

Much better - but why do the fog not comes in the space sometimes?

Perhaps he has been eating some garlic - he is a vegetarian?

Why not booth some teeths - good for eating meat - and the garlic-fog?

And I want some furious music too - going to the stomach!

With music in the background - this will be stunning!

Mike,

I really love this character, but I hate the teeth. When he's talking and the teeth aren't there, it looks great. When the teeth are there, not so great.

Just my opinion.

Also, his skin seems to have the same sheen as his suit. He seems to be made of the same material as his suit. Is that intentional?

Scott

Mike,

I really love this character, but I hate the teeth. When he's talking and the teeth aren't there, it looks great. When the teeth are there, not so great.

Just my opinion.

Also, his skin seems to have the same sheen as his suit. He seems to be made of the same material as his suit. Is that intentional?

Scott

Hmmm, Hate.... very strong word!

The teeth are still in the whole trial phase.

I think it still has promise as is, but needs more testing.

speeding up the rate at which the white appears and vanishes actually draws more attention to the area.

I'm going to try seperating the bottom and top and also putting new seperate geometry in to see how it looks.

I do also think that being able to see the clip over and over again is different than just watching it say on tv.... I don't think it would be so horrible, but more tests to be attempted.

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com

I do also think that being able to see the clip over and over again is different than just watching it say on tv.... I don't think it would be so horrible, but more tests to be attempted.

When will it be on TV?

To have or not to have teeth - that is the question!

Or what did Hamlet tell us in his monologue? It was something like that...

No - it is the music - the furious music - that is missing!

Have a try and come back and everyone will tell you how good it is not seeing teeth or no teeth... perhaps he has false teeth? And they have got stuck in some carrot?

I believe this movie will turn out good - perhaps coming on TV some day - if just the music!

Opinions are like ... well here's mine. Keep the teeth! I think they work as they are.

..d

Thanks Doug!

I sort of like it too. I really want to make that look the best it can, so I might have to add some sort of serperation element for top and bottom... also maybe something that will help it look toothy, like a couple black lines....

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com

OK, maybe hate was too strong a word. I apologize.

I just don't think they work as they are currently being implemeted (and you do say they are in the trial phase). I'd be curious to see a clip where they are not used at all and compare that to a clip where they are visible all the time.

When I look at the character with the teeth present he looks flatter, whereas when I look at him without the teeth he seems to have more depth.

All in all, I think if you do him with teeth that they would look better actually modeled as geometry so that glimpses of them look more natural.

Scott

I was just kidding about the hate and strong words thing Scott!

We'll see what developes as I try a couple different things.

One thing is, he has to have something of teeth.

So, we continue on!

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com

Do Not Forget the Music!

perhaps it is hard for him to sing without teeth?

Seven, so that's just brilliant! Are you saying that there should be music playing in the background while the animation is happening????

Ingenious.Where do you come up with this stuff:)

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com

I think what bugs me is that it seems that during little slight pauses between words, you have the mouth shape go back to a neutral pose. Is that right? It just seems that there is an awful lot of movement in parts where there shouldn't be. Maybe if you hold the mouth open and have it slowly go to the next phoneme pose instead of it quickly going back to the neutral pose and quickly to the next mouth shape real fast. I don't know if that is the problem that I am seeing, but it sure was a problem that I had when first doing lip-syncing...too much cnappy movements that weren't necessary. Anyways, maybe there is another way to fix it, but I think it is obvious that there are points in there where the mouth moves too much and isn't as fluid as it could be. Just my 2 cents. Looking good though, like the overall body movement.

--Jonathan