Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Almost Anime Female model

Here's a look at a model I'm working on. The original sketches in the corner were done by my wife, she has a wonderful drawing style (I think, anyway), that's almost anime, but not quite.

The head is coming along nicely, I think, but the areas on the body that concern me are the shoulder area next to the breast (I've highlighted it in red) where there are 4 five point patches in a row. Is this going to be a problem when the shoulder moves? and if so, what can I do to fix it?

Also, is the butt going to cause me problems as is?

Will I be able to fix them with some smartskinning?

And how does it look so far to you?

Thanks,

Lazlo

post-7-1117242726.jpg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Lazlo,

That should work OK - just be careful with your smartskin/fan bones/CP weighting not to overly involve the 5 pointers. They look like they will probably form the edge of the skin fold area.

If it does become a problem the you can shorten the long sides of the 5 pointers with short splines that have CP's through the 5 pointers but hooks on each end. Reducing the size of the 5 pointers can be more usefull than trying to remove them.

Nice model by the way.

Cheers

Guest jandals

Is she going to have a costume? How much is covered by clothing might determine whether or not you have problems with the shoulder (or other areas for that matter).

• 2 weeks later...

hi brainmuffin, this is realy cool...u r luck with an artist wife, mine is a programmer..eeh...anyway, i love the models, always i come to the ear parts and stuck ( don't know why) so i take a break and started modeling automotive models...i made a porsche ( or this is what i think) u may check it in WIP....keep the cool work up man...

• 1 month later...

it appears he has been doing some serious breast research, as the overall breast shape is actually quite good.

the model is wearing an invisible pushup bra, but i imagine the character will be clothed, so no problem there.

the breast splinage does needs some smoothing, however.

now, a few non-breast related observations:

i'm kinda creeped out by the 20 year old body and the 5 year old head.

even in anime, the eyes would be a good deal smaller for an adult woman.

she has a nice body overall, so no complaints there.

-jon