Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

CatBall - MouseBall - JellyBall

I had buried these in the Pass-the-ball thread - decided to expose them - even tho they could use a tweak or two or ten - I'm done ... the compressed versions:

http://www.intercad-inc.com/nancy/JellyBall.htm

http://www.intercad-inc.com/nancy/Catball.htm

http://www.intercad-inc.com/nancy/Mouseball.htm

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My dial up was so slow I could only see the jelly ball. Wow! that's really beautiful, the colors, designs, I like the green specular thing on the jelly ball. I wonder how did you do that. Beautiful work Nancy! :D

That jellyfish model is really cool! simple, yet highly effective. I love the way you used hair for the tentacles!

Mouse ball is really great too. The animation is superb.

Catball: if I were directing that shot I'd ask you to move the camera back a little, so that you could have him release the ball in the position where the shot ends now, giving you more time as the ball exits to allow the pwoffessor to complete his flip. Other than that it looks great!

Thanks mucho for the comments y'all -

I like the green specular thing on the jelly ball. I wonder how did you do that.

No magic there - I set the specular color to green - with both specular size, and intensity set to 100%. Most of the settings are mysteries to me in terms of predicting what the effect will be - So by trial & error I came up with: on the jelly - the diffuse color is a turquoise, ambiance intensity = 20%, transparency = 75% - stripes on jelly are applied as a patch image color =100%, & also ambiance intensity =500% (don't ask me how that works). In the scene there are 3 lights, 1 white (85%) - 1 orange 100%, blue 45% - orange & blue track the jelly, white is fixed.

Modernhorse: I will check into the timing of the sounds in Catball - I struggled with it - and had my husband vote on which timing he preferred (maybe that was the problem?.. shhhhhh...he might be listening..and I'll deny I ever said that)

Brainmuffin - I get what you're saying - but I actually was going for the illusion that the cat wasn't going to let go and was off on a wild ride in "space" - I'll think about what you're suggesting...

thanks again - this has been fun - it's neat to do small manageable segments - very satisfying

Just beautiful! Fantastic! Just a little sound and the animated worlds are coming to life - born also into the world of sounds...

I like the JellyBall best - blupping - it is the simpliest - only waiting for some lipsynched talk between the two - a conversation on the seabottom - that will be skyhigh!

Catball - says whoop and quirk - giving the ball and cat sound expressions not only moving expressions - I miss a little contact with the public - eye contact - the cat looking at us trying to get our understanding - struggling with the ball.

Marlene D'Eeeektrick dancing it is some sort of intro? - I waiting for more - is it Chopin playing?

I hope everybody else will discover that the world of sound is a necessary complement to bring the world of motions to life...

All newborns - they are 1. breathing - 2. moving - 3. sounding

the same with animations coming to life I believe...

So congratulations bringing in a little sound!

:D