Welcome

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Seven,

An intriging animation. Reminds me of a style I can't quite place my finger on. Are you intending on taking it further - ie some secondary animation, some facial stuff rather then just the mouth?

Cheers

Yeah, he showed absolutely no emotion. You'd think he could wink or something. But very nice with the smoothe actions. Good camera and lip-syncing. I wasn't bothering to listen to sound though. Good Work!!

Un-natural... surreal... you could go deeper than that. You are using such simple camera angles, and that takes away from the "shock :blink: value" of this strange style you have developed.

But, I LIKE IT! ;)

Thanks for the comments!

:D

To me it has been about to use Willi´s mouth rig:

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14142

To insert it into a face. And to do some lip-syncing to be able to tell a story and perhaps get someone listening and looking.

A TV-set without sound is just crap - that is my belief. And I believe it is the same with animations eg. Donald Duck without lipsynched sound will not get a public - and no incomes!

I think Willi´s mouth rig is good - it is simple - not so many bones - but I do not understand how it is figured out. A WINK tutorial on how to build a mouth rig and I would be very glad and I believe many others too...

Or just some description of what to think of - then trying to build a rig... Someone knowing something - willing to give a little help?

post-7-1115549123.jpg

And here a picture showing the content in clown_mouth_rigged.zip

You are welcome to use the model. I believe it can be used for simple things telling stories with lipsync.

The nine lipsync poses are inserted - so just record some talk. Make a new Action and a new dopesheet for that action - and the lipsync will function.

It has the 2001 rig and Willis mouth rig - with new more descriptive namnes.

You can alter the face - there are some splines - for a new nose and eyes.

If you find out something to alter - hopefully you will contribute with your alternative!

post-7-1115554993.jpg

Yes, before it was possible to use sound in movies...

Then he used sound... he was not stupid....

Yoiu are welcome to use my clown to do some Chaplin with sound...

It would be nice to hear some words from you inserted in the mouth of the clown - Chaplin or not...

http://www.clown-ministry.com/History/Charlie-Chaplin.html

Charlie Chaplin attacks Hitler in The Great Dictator

The Great Dictator was Charlie Chaplin's first truly talking picture, and when it was finally released in 1940, it was a worldwide sensation. Many people mistakenly think that the character of the Jewish Barber in the film is the Tramp, but Charlie Chaplin was adamant that they are different characters. Although the barber uses many of the Tramp's mannerisms, he is also clearly an individual in his own right. And the barber is far more long-winded, as the famous "Look Up, Hannah" speech at the end of the movie reminds us.

A TV-set without sound is just crap - that is my belief. And I believe it is the same with animations eg. Donald Duck without lipsynched sound will not get a public - and no incomes!

I take it you are not a fan of mime!

Cheers

I take it you are not a fan of mime!

Yes, I am a fan of mime!

And NOT!

Why NOT?

Because there are not many mime performances to see.

Because the talked word are so much more effective to tell stories - plays.

Most TV-programs, films, theatres are using talking characters.

Why is not sound used so much when animating here on A:M Forums?

Bandwith I believe... Sorenson compression and DivX - makes it possible now to use it.

And mobiles with Internet they will have sound and moving pictures - video or animation. I believe it is time to start using sound! Sound give much of the emotions. And you have to express emotions to gather an audience.

higginsdj have you done some lipsynched animation?

It would really nice to have some look and listen... to some character of yours.

higginsdj have you done some lipsynched animation?

It would really nice to have some look and listen... to some character of yours.

The Shooting Phase, to toot David's horn before he has the chance.

I really don't know why you're so nuts about Lip Sync being the KEY to animation; IMHO, that's exactly the WRONG way to go about things. The real challenge is to make a spectator believe and feel for a character who says no words at all. Would you rather look at a character who says, "I am frightened," or one who makes you feel the fear in their eyes and expression?

Well you have two legs!

You have to stand on them both - trying to balance - move forward or backing a bit.

The same to performances - theatre, film.... animations...::: moving-images AND sound....

They - the look and listen - are mixing to a new mix... and that mix is used in all performances nearly... some mimes to see but not many...

Sure good animations I like them as I like good actors performing something with good movements.... but actors as animated characters also have to speak...

It is not one or the other - it is both... standing, moving on two legs - balancing.... using all kinds of expressions and sound is one of them... you cannot use smell on computers... but if so! why not?

:rolleyes:

"I am frightened," or one who makes you feel the fear in their eyes and expression?

You are welcome to download my clown - to do some lipsynched animation - both showing the feeelings and expressing them with words...

Perhaps you can learn me to rig the eyes in the same time... or you know some good link there to rig the expressions in the face...

clown_mouth_rigged.zip

Hi seven,

I've been reading your quotes, and I have to say that I'm not totally convinced by them!

Yes sound is a very important thing in filmography, but this doesn't mean lypsinc, it might be music, it might be sound fx, sometimes words as you like, but these are only a plus to the sensations you want to trasmit with your animation, or your shoots.

Not everything speaks, let's say for a case an insect, an alien might speak an unknown language, so that the body and it's acting, (surely enriched by sound), has to do the big part!

Let's put it this way:

I have a character that has to be very angry and yells f.@ck with a smile on it's face, or with no expression or body movement.

On the other hand I have a character not speaking but stumping and making angry faces at me!

Which is more effective!

You can watch a short named "passing moments" at donphillipsjr.com, not done in A:M, but totally done without lypsinc or words, see how expressive are the two characters and then tell me!

As far as expressions I like to use the pose slider percent method, with muscular changes, they are simple don't need rigging, I only use jaw bones, and make good layering.

For the eyelids, eyebrows, I use the same method, and to turn the eyes all I do is create a null and make the eyebones aim at it!

Let's put it this way:

I have a character that has to be very angry and yells f.@ck with a smile on it's face, or with no expression or body movement.

On the other hand I have a character not speaking but stumping and making angry faces at me!

Which is more effective!

You can watch a short named "passing moments" at donphillipsjr.com, not done in A:M, but totally done without lypsinc or words, see how expressive are the two characters and then tell me!

If You are angry at someone - do you only make faces or do you only speak?

I think faces - expressions - movements and sound go together.

And so do I think all ones making film - theatre performances

Having sound on movies everyone uses it - uses it for talking characters - not using mimicing charachters.

Passing moments was a very nice film - with sound! giving the emotional background - but no talk - well there could have been talking too.

Some scenes can be done without talk.... without music.... without expressions...

but they are not the common ones.

Yes I think we are getting to the same point, but from two different directions!)

Socrates used to say that an image is more effective than 1000 words!

Just don't get lost in the lypsinc leaving the acting back, because it works better the opposite way around!

I'm sorry but "pssing moments" would have lost all it's poetry with words, the whole story is based on uncomunicability between us humans, and in particular between opposite sex!