Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Thom Goes Pro

Heylo guys, I crafted this overnight and thought I might aswell show it to the world, so here goes. Had to use dr. divx to make it small and had to put it on Ftp to be able to "distribute" it. I used Thom and starwarsguys lightsaber in this flick.

Link:

www.jftp.frac.dk/ThomGoesPro.avi

PS: I know his legmovement sucks, but this ain't the final version. I keep trying to render a new, tweaked version, but for some reason it renders in a really crappy quality, even though I'm using the same codecs, settings etc. etc.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

New link!

www.jftp.frac.dk/ThomGoesPro.avi

This one works... or it should :P

"Instructions": Just copy the adress into your adress bar and the flick should pop up.

EDIT: Here's a little longer version: www.jftp.frac.dk/ThomGoesPro2.avi

HaHa! I like it! That was cool! The lightsaber looks well done too. Are you gonna have him keep going, take out a storm trooper or something? Anyway, the movements pretty well done and fluid. Nice work.

-Robert Lazzarini

Are you gonna have him keep going, take out a storm trooper or something?

Sure, if time allows, which it hopefully does. Maybe Thom Maul or Darth Thom. Or a Thomtrooper. ;)

Nice sabor effect. How was it done?

Ask starwarsguy :P But from what I can see, he had added one material wiht glow and ambiance and an action which has a rigid drag of 100 and Reduction Error Tolerance 0.1 and a constraint. He posted it here somewhere

Nevermind, I found a way to fix it. For all those with the same problem:

1. Rotate the bone 180 degrees. 2. Make an action. 3. Rotate the bone back 180 degrees. 4. Apply the action. 5. If the charracters bone twists back, just delete the action.

EDIT: *sigh* I hate FTP... Now there's something else wrong, 'cuz now people can't seem to get any of the flicks