Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

TOOTSIE

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Short animation to test the rigging. I know, I know, there are some mistakes in timing, but I've had to try the characters with motion blur and dynamics applied. (and some fog in the background)

Waiting for comments

Drvarceto

P.S. anim is avi with xvid compression (no mov, sorry)

zubici.avi

• Admin

That looks good! ...and as you say... they do have teeth. :)

It's going to be fun animating characters without arms... but at least you have eyes to get the expressions going.

I'm sure you know this but it looks like you'll need to add a roof to Mr. Tooth's mouth as you can see into his insides without one.

Oh, and as much as I like toon rendering, I like the full rendering with these characters. It gives them that special teethy gleam. :)

Here are two rows of teeth; as someone may already have guessed this is ad about importancy of the ortodontic control...

Question: when using fog with multipass render, distant teeth (objects ;))get quite blurry - is this the intended feature or some glitch?

Also: when making group and then moving group of objects in choreography, undo doesn't work?!? I guess this is not intended behaviour... Maybe constraining to null is better solution, but grouping done right would be nice...

Waiting for comments...

Cant' wait to start animating those little fellows...

Drvarceto

post-7-1114069065.jpg

Not to get too technical here, but shouldn't the top row of teeth be upside down? I know the blood would rush to their heads, but it would make more sense. I guess it would depend on where you need to go with the animatiuon/story, but the upper row could complain about being upside down, etc.

Still I like the characters!

Have fun,

Scott

Not to get too technical here, but shouldn't the top row of teeth be upside down? I know the blood would rush to their heads, but it would make more sense. I guess it would depend on where you need to go with the animatiuon/story, but the upper row could complain about being upside down, etc.

Yeah, that would save me a whole lot of work, but I'm afrait it would interfere with the clarity of the message and move attention of the viewer other way...

Here are those same guys set into more realistic gums

Drvarceto

post-7-1114166724.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Here is first sequence rendered (avi xvid- I/ve tried with quicktime, but files were jyst getting way too big- sorry mac users)

This is my second pass through the sequence, so there are some timings to be adjusted, byt I think that I maneged to get the feeling of desperation and dissapointment through...

Crits and comments are very wellcome!!!

Drvarceto

_sc1seq1_ver_03_trajcedrv_yahoo.com.avi