Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Camera Rig

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Rodney.

Yes, you can be in the camera view and rotate the camera around your model, adjust the height, distance and focal length all with pose sliders and it will aim at your model.

Jamagica, the camera has an aim at constraint to the hips (it can be changed to whatever you want in the relationship folder) which can be turned off so you can pan the camera left/right and up/down.

Here's a render from 3 different cameras in the scene. Two are the secondary cameras that were installed in the models, the third is another camera rig that is a first person view from the Thom model (the first person camera rig controls the head movement of the model). Rendered each camera (certain frames) as a targa sequence, imported the sequence into A:M and saved animation as.

First thing, If you right click in the modeling window, choose new, you can add a camera to your model. Now when you create a new pose you can edit the camera from the relationship window or the bones folder from the shortcut to your model. There is no null in the rotating camera rig. All you need is 1 bone and a camera, 2 bones if you want to pan the camera left/right and up/down.

OK I get it better now. You have a camera in all character models and you can switch between them all to get reaction shots of the characters. I like the swing down from over the Balrog!

I was thinking about using it for animating the characters in the chor....when you need to be head on to them but they're not in line with the global views. I guess that could work too.