Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

My "Cooper " Head doesn't look right!

Actually, it's supposed to look like that...

I went through Colin's tutorial, but I used front and side rotoscopes of two different women, one chinese, one japanese. (I wanted her to look asian, but of indeterminate origin). The only thing I'm not quite happy with is the ears, other than that this model went swimmingly.

I'm still kind of new to A:M, I've had it for a couple of years, but I've been too wrapped up with a couple of other programs to learn, so I still have a lot to study, but I'm looking forward to it.

post-7-1109472413.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice model. I'm not really liking the dent in the forehead. Men usually have broader browlines than women, therefore, more muscle, thus, more creasing in the general area. However, women usually have much less muscle in the area, therefore, their browlines are not dominant, thus, not a lot of creasing. Plus it really does look like an accidental dent. But, very nice nonetheless (is that a word).

J

Not too bad. Splineage issues that I see are a lack of spline rings around the mouth and in particular one that meets the corner of the nose. You're going to have a hard time making a proper smile crease in the cheek and corner of the mouth.

That forehead indentation is too big for what it is. I'd continue those hooks on the nose at the brow up to the next spine ring. That way you will have more splinage to work in some creases. I would also reduce the number of splines going over the crown of the head - you only need one - not five.

You don't have a spline that runs the length of the jaw. Your jawline is shared by 3 splines. Its going to be awkward maintaining a jawline when you open/close the mouth. To fix this I would bring the non jawline splines up over the chin and run the jaw spline along the actual jawline.

Cheers

Nonetheless IS a word, and yes, the dent is accidental. A half a dozen CPs got away from me...

Vash, don't take my slow progress as an indication of yours, A:M's been kinda sitting untouched on my HD for most of that time.(Blasphemy, I know).

Dave, thanks for the advice. I'll keep it in mind when I re-work this head,(She may never get finished, I did it mostly as a modeling exercise) and every time I model a head from now on...

Looks pretty good. I might add one more ring around the mouth and nose. Basically along the crease lines.

I think the jaw line will be ok.. unless you plan on unhinging it to eat a couple of Large rodents.

My thought is that the bridge of the nose is a bit wide. I know this is an asian trait.. but that is do more to the fact that the bridge is flatter to the face.. Your bridge actually sits of the face quiet a bit.. if you want it to be wider.. you might pull it back toward the cheeks a little or if you want it narrow.. leave it where it is an make the bridge thinner.

Looks good though.

C