sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Booleans in motion

I have a new movie on my webpage:

http://www.campbellanimation.com

illustrating A:M's 'boolean's' cababilty in motion. This was a test I did last summer during the Logo contest so I used the A:M logo (my entry that is) in the test. Basicly, there is geometry (like an egg, or football) that is cutting and revealing other geometry in motion (the A:M logo)...the light streaks were done in AfterEffects using the 'shine' filter as an afterthought.

If there is interest or questions I'll be happy to elaborate. It's actually quite straightforward-

I keep referring to various A:M features as 'powerful stuff'...partly because I have been listening to some old 'Fabulous Thunderbirds' albums and partly because...well ---tis POWERFULL!

Click on URL above or below OR click on my avatar!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonderful use of booline!

Zach... the moving stuff is being cutaway by the stuff standing still... or not stuff actually... the stiff... I mean the shape standing still....

Hey! Is stiff singular for stuff? if it isn't it should be....

...Oh man... I need to go outside...

think that is complicated... I figured out how to animate two identical shapes in a chor with some booline... very exciting... got goose bumps...

...is booleans or booline the plural of boolean? Or should it be a gaggle of booline... or maybe I am thinking of a gaggle of geese bumps....

...I may have broken something in my head when I hooted so loudly in the forum support section....

Vernon "up up and away in my beautiful boolean" Zehr

Cave man! The egg is static...the heavily extruded 'AM' is in motion and passing thru it...

VERN: I dont have A:M around right now but I think I remember that booleans show in a preview render (shiftQ?) This shape I am using is sort of a 'mold' as you put it...yes...the 'egg' shape here is actually 'negative' geometry of an egg...like a mold. And if I recall...the logo in the middle is assigned to a child bone of the boolean which makes it unaffected by the boolean's evil powers.

let's just say it rocks and move on, shall we?

Okay Mr. Jage...point us in a more suitable direction thats more to your liking, why don't you...

Sorry if this topic bored you. We look forward to your 'advanced' spectacular displays of 3dimensional wizardry and stimulating writings thereto of...

Hey John,

I noticed on your site you don't constrain the flash not to scale. It gets pretty choppy when it scales up on my browser.

Didn't know if you were aware of it.. so I thought I'd let you know. Also some of your graphics are vector and some are Jpeg.. Some of the Jpegs with text over them seem to have some artifacting.. mainly the main block of text on the front page.

In flash you can also set individual images to compress at different sizes.

Hope I'm not talking down to you.. I love your work.. I just wanted everyone to see it in all its glory.

C

Hey Colin-

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate. The jpeg on the main page had a 'noise' filter in the gradient...looks like bad jaypegging. I'll look into the scaling issue, think I know how/where to set that in the publish settings. Good to know about the 'big' monitor issue.

The whole site is real improvisational.

Diggin your avatar!

Matt Campbell aka John Bigboote

EDIT: Okay...did some revisions. The 'scaling' issue has me perplexxed, between the Flash and the HTML settings nothing seems to work. So I did a work-a-round and reduced the size of all the artwork and images and it seems to appear a bit less 'blown-up'...now to add some more 'content'...

I am NOT a web guy...but I play one on the internet!

Thanks for pointing that out, CF!