Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Adding AM dino to photo

I have a digital camera and took a few pictures of the office where I work and tried to add the free t-rex to a couple of pictures. This was the dino rendered in Am on black background ,cut in out then added to a layer in PS. In PS I copied just the desk to another layer then put that in front of the dino layer . Added a shadow layer effect and tried to do a reflective layer of the dino on the desk area. Is there any suggestions on how to do this better This seemed to work okay

welcomed.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HA! Proof that dinosaurs and man can live together! :P

Shadow. Drop shadows work for flat images, but here, the drop shadow does not work. Typical office lighting would usually cast shadows directly below the object. the only time that shadows are on the wall would be if an object was close to the way. Even then, all the office lights would make a very transparent shadow.

The other thing is depth. The back wall appears way too close for the T. rex to fit. Perhaps add a shadow on the desk to make his neck and head seem to extend over the desk.

I tried to do something similar here but not sure how to make the feet look right.

Any suggestions.

This is the view from the loft area where I usually eat lunch with the common area between lofts a great place for the t-rex but this is hard to blend in.

I need more help on this one

lunchview.jpg

the light in the first image is mostly from the windows at the front entrance. The wall behind is reflective as there is a wall of water flowing on it. But I can see that there should be more of a shadow as you suggested on the desk.

John,

The view from the loft needs to have some reflection (and/or shadow) on the floor, similar to what you can see beneath the table to the right of T-rex. I think this will make his feet less floaty. Also it looks like most of the light is coming from behind him, so I'd darken the side away from the large glass area. Probably render T-rex with the light source from the perspective of the Glass wall. The edges might need to be a little less sharp and/or the the rest of him a little less blurred (could be my eyesight on that one though :lol: )

I think he fits much better here than in the Front office.

his feet doesnt match the ground. everytime i live action compositions i measure up the scene, then hight and distance of the camera from the ground, and then finaly i might take note of its rotation as well.

in this one i wasnt actuly planning on having him walk inside at all (note the whole stepping on the light thing). and i did not measure the room, distance or camera rotation. so the shadows are off and the floor doesnt realy match up perfectly, but its good enough. got a deadline on this whole project.

post-7-1106895453.jpg