Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

For Matrix

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm! :o

That image is not much better. I never realised that posted images were further compressed by Hash. Is the amount of compression applied dictated by the file size? If so does anyone know what the optimum file size is to avoid further compression or are all images compressed irrespectiive of orgignal file size? It would be good to know the guidlines for getting the best reproduction of an image posted here. :)

omg thats amazing! I have no clue how you did that, thank you so much!

I thought that I would be able to knock this out in about ten minutes but it has taken about 45 with tweeking and adding geometry.

You have to admit it was harder than you thought!! lol

Thank again though, thats simply amazing how you even got that subtle drop.

WOW THANKS AGAIN!!! AWESOME!!! SWEET!!!!!! :D

You'll just have to trust me, MAtrickz, the buttons are pretty smooth but you wouldn't know it looking at the banding on those images.

Well, at least you can see my approach.  :)

Paul,

It sounds like you have Automatic Image Resizing enabled. Internet Explorer downloads the picture then resizes it to fit the current window size; that would cause the banding you are seeing. You can turn it off in the Internet Options control Panel under the Advanced tab.

The buttons.. all of them... look very smooth to me.

It sounds like you have Automatic Image Resizing enabled.

Ahhh! I have just relised where this problem is coming from. I forgot that the PC I use for my internet connection is running with an old ATI Rage 3D card. The Nvidia Ti that was in there produced a fault just before I dedicated this one to web browsing so I put an old card in as a temporary messure. That would explain the banding. I am surprised that I haven't seen the banding so extreme up until now!

Thanks for the comments! I think that I could probably knock out these mouse buttons in about 15 - 20 minutes now. :)