sprockets Making and Using Drop-On Poses TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Animation: The Joy of Art

Hi All,

I have been working on this animtation and wondered what you thought.

Download here

All crits welcome. Bare in mind that it is WIP and so is not fully rendered (only realtime shaded at the mo).

There are places where the hands are popping through and such. It is mostly the story/direction/acting/timing that is up for crits.

I don't mind honest comments.

Fire away.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey John, just saw it. I thought it was pretty darn good.

I think you can cut out the 2nd fly in before the close up of the actor, as it doesnt add anything for the viewer. maybe replace it with a shot from an upperleft or right corner/ceiling looking down to show the size of the room. Otherwise the fly in doesn't give the viewer any more info....

next, due to the style of the work, I feel like you could get away with any questioable actions/motions from the character cause it might just be how this cookey looking character moves!

I like it!

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com

This is just me, and is probably more of an opinion kind of preference kind of thing..

I got the punch line, but I would like to see a tighter "straight on" close up of her at the end... almost a cross disolve of her face to the painting.

For instance, in the close up of the character, she would be wide eyed in shock and awe, and then her expression would change to match the painting... cut to wide shot of her in front of the painting... or something like that.

Like I said I got the punch line but it would be really powerfull to see it "punched" more. She is moving so much that you don't really get a good look at her. As a matter of fact... I reloaded the movie to make sure I was correct about the punch line.

I like it.

p.s. That's how I look when spending too much time in the stereo forum.

Vernon "!" Zehr

Thanks for the comments guys. They are duly noted and may well end up in the animation.

The direction was kind of hap-hazard as I just let it grow with no story-board. This probably explains why it is the area that is lacking.

Just goes to show how important the planning stage is.

John,

For little pre-planning I would say that is pretty darn slick! The character design is unique and funny.

I think you should clean it up (as you see fit cuz i'm not much of a critic on animation) and submit it for the A:M I Short contest.

Good job and hope to see more of it.

Doug