sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

My current project (Mr Peanut)

As you can see below I am still piecing him together. The coloring is temporary and I am going to try making a bump map so he has the right shell. What I want to use him for, however, requires him to speak. I discussed this with a few people on the IRC chat and they said the best way to do it was to animate his face, then apply it to the model as a decal. Someone also mentioned that it is possible to use pose sliders with the decal so I could apply the decal and still change it. Does anyone know how this is done? This sounds like what I need to use.

mynutworking.jpgmynutworkingwired.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well, I made a few little updates to him.

1. I streatched the text on his hat (it looked to small).

2. I raised his bottom point so it looks more rounded.

3. As starwarsguy mentioned his midsection looked a little pointy, so I rounded it out.

4. I added the black spots on his right lower side.

5. I changed his coloring so he looks more like a nut than that yellow I had.

In looking at pictures of Mr Peanut I've noticed that he doesn't have a normal peanut shell texture body. So, I may be able to get away with leaving him as is (but changing the coloring ofcourse). What does everyone think about that? Should I leave him flat, or create a peanut-shell bump map for him?

nutupdate.jpg

He's a caricature so you don't need to have a realistic shell on him. Some points I would improve:

1 His hat looks too straight. Put it at an angle? Also there are many un-necessary splines in the hat.

2 Limbs

3 Erm he's missing an eye? ;)

You want to know how to use images in pose sliders....

First thing to do is apply all the images in their appropriate positions.

Now it's just a matter of fading one in as the other fades out using your pose slider.

So, open a new pose and at 100% set one image to 100%(this is in the properties of the image under the decal folders) and the other to 0% .

Then at the sliders 0% do the opposite.

1. Ya, I'm going to move his hat, but for semetrical modeling purposes I made it straight. The splines, I can work on. But when it comes to me and spline changing splines, that's a recipe for disaster :)

2. Yes, I know. I just put those in temporary I am modeling the limbs now.

3. No he's not, Mr. Peanut only has one eye, the other is a monicle, which I will model along with his cane. :)

So does that mean that for each mouth movement I want him to have I'll have to create as a decal, and then fade between them?

1. Ya, I'm going to move his hat, but for semetrical modeling purposes I made it straight. The splines, I can work on. But when it comes to me and spline changing splines, that's a recipe for disaster :)

2. Yes, I know. I just put those in temporary I am modeling the limbs now.

3. No he's not, Mr. Peanut only has one eye, the other is a monicle, which I will model along with his cane. :)

So does that mean that for each mouth movement I want him to have I'll have to create as a decal, and then fade between them?

1 You just need to select and delete some of the horizontal rings....on a copy :)

2 OK

3 Oh! That sounds vaguely familiar now.

Now you say it, you might be better to put each mouth shape in it's own slider. That way you can go between any of them by putting a slider to 100% while you put the existing one to 0%. I've never actually done this specifically, so others might have better ideas.