sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Hello All

Hello fellow Hashers.

My name is Adam, (AKA LordPython), and this is my first post.

A little about me:

3D History: Started learning 3DS Max, and Maya 4.5. However learning by my self from books was taking too long.

I have seen A:M down at Dragon*Con every year for the past 4 years and I would always stop by their demo and watch. Every time I would think "It would really be cool to have that" but then I would move on. Well this past *Con I finally said "ah what the heck, I could really use it" and got it. That was 7 days ago, and I now happily present to all of you, my first unassisted animation. Although it's only 4 seconds long, and roughly done, I'm still proud of it. Feedback is welcome

knightwavetoon.mpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Feedback is welcome

Hi Adam,

Nice job on your first animation.

As requested, here are some suggestions (feedback):

As the camera tracks toward the model, you could force a gradual slowdown to make it seem like a real camera with mass.

I would raise the arm after a small delay, rather than immediately upon his torso turning. This would make it look like he took a second or so to recognize the viewer and then decided to wave.

You might also want to tilt his head up & down very slightly to show him trying to identify the viewer.

You could flex him at the wrist while he waves. Not sure if the knight is rigged to allow that.

Keep up the good work!