RAIN

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Came through on my end.

Very nice! It seems to run in a bit too much of a line but that doesn't stop it from looking really good. The effect looks like water working it's way down a window! :)

I'm trying to think of something that would remove the line that I'm talking about and replace it with a more suble effect. The only thing that springs to my mind is maybe to increase the angle but I'm not sure...

Good Job!

Rodney, are you talking about the droplets being in too much of a line or the wave? The droplet was created using a simple dot and wave warp layer effect. Then brought in several times into another compisition and offset by 1 frame for the path, and the opacity was also decreased. Then in another comp I created the wave using a simple gradient with another wave warp effect. I based my version off of Brian Taylor's found here in the "making of" section, but wanted something a little different. His looked a little too...."life giving" if you get what I mean! :lol:

Raindrop.mov_

• Admin

Sorry I wasn't too clear.

The rain 'drops' themselves I didn't have any problem with falling in a straight (more or less) line. On a flat glass window that seems to be pretty accurate.

Looks like I've made you adjust something that didn't need adjusting! :blink:

The 'lines' I referred to are the 'waves' that move down horizontally.

It looks like there are two of the waves moving down during your animation.

The effect isn't bad but somehow seems out of place.

I'm tempted to set up a real world simulation of rain on a window just to understand what I'm seeing myself! :huh:

Maybe I'll have to take a shower one of these days... sure hope it doesn't resort to that! :D

Apologies again for prompting an uneccessary change.

Unless the water has something to move around falling straight(er) looks better.

Best,

Rodney

Are you talking about these?

Rain.jpg

What I believe they are supposed to be is the simulated look of a sheet of water washing over the window. Usually used to represent a very hard rain. Oddly, they did seem out of place in the clip. Maybe they need to be sped up a bit, or more rain needs to be added. Sounds like time to experiment.