Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

smoothing complex models

Hello,

i am working on a complex face Modell, and i need most of the features to be real geometry (Nose, region under nose etc.). Therefore my model is quite complex. Now i have the problem, that the surface tends to have small little bumps (see picture). I need to get rid of these, and have a very smooth surface, like a fotomodell?

Is ther any cool and easy way to archive this aside from try and error ... ?

Thanks for helping me out on this!

Heiner

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Heiner :

I would use more hooks, to reduce the amount of patches in that area ... or

you can also use porcelain ( be carefull whit 5 points )

I was observing, you must adjust the CP´s in the neck too, they are "leaving the rhythm"

cheers

Xtaz

Why so many splines to make up this mesh?

I would have looped the eye socket and eyebrow splines down around the check and across the face to form the nose instead of running then down the face.

But even still I'm wondering why so many splines were created to build the bottom half of the head, the check and mouth area?

this is a wireframe of one of my models. Don't know if it'll help you solve your smoothness issues, but this layout with porcelain works for me.

Mike Fitz

Widow.jpg

Heiner- This happends when you use 5 point patches but there some areas where you did not use 5 point patches and it's still not smooth... What happened is that you broke the natural flow of the splines, try re-connecting them again. Sometimes splines get connected incorrectly.. This happened to me alot when I am modeling my fishes......

hope it helps...