Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

C++ 2023 Week 2

robcat2075

• Hash Fellow

We're rolling!

Assignment for Week 2:

• Everything in Week 1 if you haven't done it already.
  • Watch Lesson 1 in the Udemy course. No assignment.
  • Skip Lessons 2 and 3. They are mostly about John Purcell's particular Mac environment.
  • Watch Lesson 4. Assignment: Your own "Hello world" program, typed from scratch.
  • Watch Lesson 5. Assignment: Make a program that will print a picture made with several lines of "cout" text.

Tips:

• Watch John Purcell type in his programs and type in the same into your Visual Studio. Do all the little tests and experiments that he does along the way.
  • Use the skills you learned to make your own version of the lesson for the assignment. But as a minimum... get a working version of John Purcell's project going.
  • Get started early! Don't wait until the day of class to try coding the lesson!

We're meeting at 7:30PM CDT next Sunday. Bring your projects to show and tell. If they don't work... we'll debug them!

• Like 1

• Hash Fellow

@Roger @Shelton

One more thing... when you have more than one program in your "Solution", RMBon one program and choose "Set as Startup Project" to make it the one that runs when you press the green triangle.

I got my assignment done. Looking forward to seeing all of yours next Sunday!

image.png

• Hash Fellow

@Rodney Actually that bit at the very bottom is not the ALT+ sequence for the character, it is the HEX code.

I can't find a way to get both the graphics characters and the ALT+ sequence to show at the same time.

It used to work great, now it doesn't.